MossyMO

Tatonka Dust seasoning is available!

On 8/21/2019 at 10:53 PM, pmillen said:

Thank the Lord.  I'm ordering before you sell out again.

I may order a three or four cases before the hoarders get it all.

I've never heard of this, but I'm always on the lookout for some good flavors. Would you recommend this for poultry? We do a lot of breasts and thighs,

14 hours ago, psych said:

I've never heard of this, but I'm always on the lookout for some good flavors. Would you recommend this for poultry? We do a lot of breasts and thighs

I only use it on beef, any cut, roast, brisket, steaks…  But I know that many others love it on fish, chicken, pork,, venison,  shrimp, and pheasant.  Marty and Tanya Owens can tell you more.

On 8/25/2019 at 7:49 AM, social assassin said:

This item definitely does NOT have a clean label!  A lot of unnatural ingredients... MSG, dextrose, colors, etc. 

Every item you call out IS natural.  Well, not sure about etc...  

On 8/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, psych said:

I've never heard of this, but I'm always on the lookout for some good flavors. Would you recommend this for poultry? We do a lot of breasts and thighs,

It is very good on chicken, excellent savory flavor on chicken wings for those that don''t prefer hot wings.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, Chasdev said:

Is it ever available at HEB?

I would love to try it but by the time shipping is added it's a little spendy for me..for just one bottle.

It is not available at HEB. Right now just being available after being off the retail market for 2 years 9 months it isn't available at any distributors until we have customers filled and we feel comfortable with our stock to start filling distributors again.

I completely understand your shipping concerns. It costs what it costs, being a small mom& pop shop with just my wife and I we get no breaks from USPS for shipping charges. We do carry just about 200 flavors of seasonings/rubs and pending the size of shakers ordered, 3 or 4 shakers can ship for the same price as one shaker... purchasing a few that interest you may work for you hopefully!

On 8/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, social assassin said:

This item definitely does NOT have a clean label!  A lot of unnatural ingredients... MSG, dextrose, colors, etc. 

I have a friend in Australia that's been sending me rubs and Sauces for a few years now. Most of what is produced in Australia doesn't have all those funky ingredients you can't pronounce or spell. If it starts cakeing get out a fork and break it up. 

Most of what's produced in America has those types of ingredients. I've posted about this before. 

On 8/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, social assassin said:

Please define "unnatural." I agree that salt and sugar are the greatest dietary dangers, but portion size is too small to worry. 

Think how much umami you're getting from soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and MSG!  I may buy some. 

Frank

I'd buy some too but I ain't gonna pay $7 to ship one bottle, and I ain't gonna order three or four bottles to save on shipping on a product that I have never tasted.

How about a tablespoon's worth in an envelope so I can taste it first?

4 hours ago, Chasdev said:

I'd buy some too but I ain't gonna pay $7 to ship one bottle, and I ain't gonna order three or four bottles to save on shipping on a product that I have never tasted.

How about a tablespoon's worth in an envelope so I can taste it first?

Sorry, we don't have samples at this time. We offered samples the first 5 1/2 years until a manufacturer of an ingredient in the Tatonka Dust seasoning quit manufacturing it. We spent the last 2 years and 9 months working on replacing the ingredient and are just getting Tatonka Dust back available to customers as of a week and half ago. 
I think you may have misinterpreted my post as a sales pitch. My intention of the post is to let people know that Tatonka Dust seasoning is once again available to those that may have been waiting. If you could, please research Tatonka Dust seasoning, as it does have quite the strong following!

On 8/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, MossyMO said:

Sorry, we don't have samples at this time. We offered samples the first 5 1/2 years until a manufacturer of an ingredient in the Tatonka Dust seasoning quit manufacturing it. We spent the last 2 years and 9 months working on replacing the ingredient and are just getting Tatonka Dust back available to customers as of a week and half ago. 
I think you may have misinterpreted my post as a sales pitch. My intention of the post is to let people know that Tatonka Dust seasoning is once again available to those that may have been waiting. If you could, please research Tatonka Dust seasoning, as it does have quite the strong following!

Thanks for posting that it’s available again. Not sure why people feel the need to comment on the ingredients list as well as what is and isn’t acceptable to them.