Everdure 4k

At $2,700 there are a lot of choices.  It would be fun to play around with. It would be nice to see it in action Interesting having a round surface surrounded by a square with built in probes. They seem to imply that you can set the temp and fans will maintain the temp. Upkeep? Parts?

• 2 weeks later...

It is very cool but since it is heavily electronic based i would wonder how long it would last. I do like technology but the way its integrated in this i’d wonder if it would be hard to replace the electronics when it fails. If the ikamand on a kamado joe failed, you could easily replace it. And the ikamand isnt a necessity for the grill to function, while the electronics on this appear to be the only way to use it. 

I've cooked on one of these recently

As far as performance, they work well

They dont really change the game anymore than an Akorn with a controller would but it does what it says on the box

The price point is WAY too high, IMO, and i get the feeling that this grill is aimed more at the person who wants to build an "Instagram Worthy" outdoor kitchen than actually get deep into Kamado Cooking

2 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

They dont really change the game anymore than an Akorn with a controller would but it does what it says on the box

The price point is WAY too high, IMO, and i get the feeling that this grill is aimed more at the person who wants to build an "Instagram Worthy" outdoor kitchen than actually get deep into Kamado Cooking

Quite cynical, but probably correct!

On 9/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, Polar Bear said:

On 9/16/2019 at 9:13 PM, lnarngr said:

Quite cynical, but probably correct!

Definitely correct, but also the filthy rich who can afford It's endorser's restaurants. It's being endorsed by Heston Blumenthal who has multiple Michelin starred restaurants. At his 3-star restaurant the tasting menu costs £325 (≈$400)per person.  You can soon reserve for the $500 per Person holiday meal season.

$2700 is peanuts to the filthy rich who buy all the latest gadgets and that's the target market for sure.

14 hours ago, Bigzamboni said:

Definitely correct, but also the filthy rich who can afford It's endorser's restaurants. It's being endorsed by Heston Blumenthal who has multiple Michelin starred restaurants. At his 3-star restaurant the tasting menu costs £325 (≈$400)per person.  You can soon reserve for the $500 per Person holiday meal season.

$2700 is peanuts to the filthy rich who buy all the latest gadgets and that's the target market for sure.

Wow! It will last until the next gadget. 

Yep, get fools with more money than sense as customers and laugh all the way to the bank! 

That's Blaze Kamado money right there, with the best controller you can find. Think about the difference in construction. A firecracker could put that out of action!

• 11 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 1:42 PM, Bigzamboni said:

first Time I heard about this grill was today and it is kind of odd that the only youtube videos are fro Mr Blumenthal or a grill store.  can not find any you tuber's doing a non bias review or a cook on one of these and I am replying to a post that is almost a year old already.  makes me think that they are not selling 

• 2 weeks later...

Mind you, his pizza looks like ####. Doesn't look like it can get to 900F.

I'd like a play around with one, but it's basically just a metal Kamado with a built in controller and very little thermal mass.

I'll keep my Monolith thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the chance earlier this year to buy an ex-display Everdure 4K through work for £650 (UK RRP is £1799) - great condition apart from the usual scuffs from being a display model - but decided against it and bought a new Monolith Pro instead.  For me the tech in the 4K seemed superfluous, especially if you already have thermometers etc, and I felt the lid was heavy to lift compared with other kamados.