freddyjbbq

Interesting Announcement

Yeah I have a pellet grill (basic model Rec Tec) and and a KJ Classic.  Got the pellet grill to see what all everyone was talking about  Like any tool, I choose the tool (grill) that is best suited for the job (cook). -still working on what grill preference  is best for a given cook.  Those preferences are a work in progress.

I'm not into anything but how my cook comes out using the KJ or the pellet. I have cooks that come out better on the KJ and vice versa.  I do not have a double wall on my Rec Tec- I do have excellent Wifi and temp control on the Rec Tec.

Took me awhile to get used to plugging in electric for a grill cook.

So a pellet KJ.  Ceramic properties combined with a pellet fuel. I would love to be able to try this combo out. Looking forward to reading some posts.

M.

9 hours ago, mike echo said:

So a pellet KJ.  Ceramic properties combined with a pellet fuel. I would love to be able to try this combo out. Looking forward to reading some posts.

M.

I’m in the same boat. Also the grill is stunning 

12 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

We did a little Detroit Style Pizza in our Timberline 1300 tonight for the Patriots game. 

F9EB0CD1-4AF5-4FB9-8620-8952E4C839D0.jpeg

153F3DF2-53B9-4FDE-81B0-EEB1852042FE.jpeg

Freddy , I expect you to prepare a Detroit style pizza on that treager prior to every pats game this year. Perhaps two pies before playoff games. Nice work.

1 hour ago, prowe said:

Freddy , I expect you to prepare a Detroit style pizza on that treager prior to every pats game this year. Perhaps two pies before playoff games. Nice work.

thanks Paul, i will do so in order not to jinx the team lol.  thank you!!

On 9/8/2019 at 7:33 PM, LargeRedJoe said:

And here it is:

that was a pretty good look at the grill.  metal bottom, ceramic top.  

claim that 4kg  pellets will run 15 hours at 225f and 6 hours at 650f which is some really great efficiency if it holds true in people's back yards.

@Charcoal Addict  can you provide any insight to these efficiency claims based on your pellet grill experience?  I'm really interested in one after watching this video.

9 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

Is only matched by Memphis grills pellet grill!

Scott

Ya, if the claims are reality, the. That is a GREAT temp range.

going Form lightingba match and tweaking vents to auger, fire pit, thermostat it will be interesting to see how everything works/holds up and how kamafo folk react/respond.

impressive temps & run times though