Freddy Luc

Spider for Pitt Boss in Canada???

Hi all, I'm been trying to find someone who sells or ships spiders to canada for the pit boss. I want to set up for direct and indirect grilling can't find parts anywhere. Cermic grill store won't ship to canada ad their canadian distributor is sold out. Anyone here have any ideas????

Have you tried something like aliexpress.com? Search Auplex and they have all kinds of parts and accessories for these kamados, I've never bought from them so I don't know what the experience is like but they have the stuff. Shipping might be the killer but I thought I'd throw it out there.

One other thing I noticed is that there is a seller called Hot Press on US amazon that is selling a number of Auplex accessories so that could be an option possibly?  I am not sure in the difference between US and Canada amazon, or if there is. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077YGFH5M?m=ARHQ97D8TPFEC&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AK-g
      Hi all,
      First of all, sorry if this post is in the wrong place. Im not sure where to post topics relating to website help.

I have been trying to upload some pics of my cooks (and a profile pic aswell) but everytime the upload progress bar fills up it says failed.
      I have tried it on my phone and pc but both have the same result. File sizes are under the 14.65MB size and are in the .JPG format.
      I have also renamed them so they dont have symbols, brackets, underscores etc.

Any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks
           Adam
    • By ndg_2000
      Hi

I have just got my rotisserie attachment sorted out for the kamado

As I have not cooked with a rotisserie before I was looking for tips/cooking temperature advice for a whole chicken as a starter so I can get a feel for it. 

Also some other cooks that a rotisserie is well suited for.

Thanks in advance 
      Nigel 
    • By markoud
      Hi all,

I just recently delved into the world of BBQ with a Primo All - Around and I absolutely love it.

However, I have a question.

It seems that I cannot go below 250F on my kamado. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am planning on cooking my first brisket next week and I would like to be able to hold 175F (or around there).

This is how I fire up the grill:

I place some lump charcoal in the basket and light them up with an electric BBQ lighter At 5 minutes, when the initial load is hot I place some more charcoal in the basket (to fill it up) I wait for about another 5-10 minutes for all the coals to heat up and then use a blow dryer to really get them going I close the lid of the kamado and start closing the bottom vent However, my kamado is already heated up way above 175F (which was fine so far because I wanted it around 300F+).  
      From what I have observed the top vent is not doing anything at all for regulating the temperature, which is odd since everything I read so far on controlling the temp says to use the top vent (for micro adjustments). Even when I have the bottom vent fully closed the temp does not drop below 220F. I believe is because the ceramic walls have already absorbed too much heat.

If anyone has the Primo all-around and is able to use it at 175F I would appreciate the advice on how to do it.

Thank you all for your assistance,

Demetris
    • By EZ smoke
      I've posted some of this stuff before but figured I would consolidate a post with the accessories I use on my PB K24. I haven't spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars like some folks and know that others probably have better or different ways of accomplishing much of the same thing. I don't use any temp control gadget and don't really feel the need to. After gaining a couple years experience cooking on mine I can dial it in and maintain temps fairly easily. (BTW I did do the vent mods to eliminate any big leaks) Anyhow, these are the gizmos I use to help cook on the Pit Boss:

Firebox Divider Charcoal Fire Grate for Most Standard Size Kamado Grills, 10.5-inch ~$35 I haven't even had a chance to use this yet but it looks well made and should help with two-zone cooking. I'm not certain this is really needed as I've been able to cope without it for the first few years doing two-zone cooks but hey it's a fun new gizmo. Pit Boss 76251 Heat Deflector, 24" ~$45 I know that these are now included standard with the grill. I had one break and PB/Danson's did replace without any problems. I use the OEM deflector a ton... it's used for all my Low and Slow Smokes (brisket, ribs, pork butt, etc), CI Dutch Oven cooks (roasts, stews, etc),  pizza cooks, and all my baking. Half Moon Heat Deflector Plate ~$20 These are 15" diameter and work well on the main lower grate to cook on the upper grate. I use these for two-zone cooking and also for a 2nd deflector in some cases, like for cooking pizza. These don't fit inside the legs of the OEM upper rack perfectly (more on that later). Also, I've split the OEM upper grate into two half moon grates to allow easier maneuvering inside the grill. Indirect Cooking Rack, Extra Large ~$35 This is an accessory that I thought I would use a lot more when I purchased it. I still use it as a second rack for pizzas and such but it isn't something I wouldn't buy again. Unlike the OEM upper grate you can get the (2) half moons installed under it without any interference. IIRC this cooking rack is 15" diameter with the legs protruding out another few inches. Outdoor Gourmet 14 in Preseasoned Round Griddle ~$13 This is absolutely one of the best accessories that I own ( I actually have 2) for my Kamado. I use it as a pizza stone up on the upper rack with both sets of deflectors in place and it works absolutely fantastic. I also, use this on the lower rack directly over the coals to cook my Philly cheese-steak sandwich meat.  Maverick ET-733 dual probe remote thermometer ~$35 I didn't provide a link because everyone has there own set-up for monitoring temps.  
      Of course there's all the other normal cooking stuff, utensils and the like for the grill.

Firebox Divider:

OEM Deflector with OEM Grates:

OEM Lower Grate with Half Moon Deflector and OEM Half Moon Grate:

OEM Deflector and Lower Grate with (2) Half Moon Deflectors and Upper Rack:

Same as above with Cast Iron Griddle ready for pizza:

• By Big Biscuit
      Some wangs seasoned with Oak Ridge BBQ Secret Weapon and slathered with Sweet & Spicy, and Honey BBQ Baby Ray's sauce. I also added a little extra heat via some cayenne pepper powder. 
       I just started a load of lump charcoal with a starter cube. Put the ×-rack on the high position, placed the heat diffuser half moons on, and then the grill grate. I closed the dome and opened the bottom vent completely. Then I opened the daisy wheel so all the holes aligned and swung the vent on top about a 1/4 of the way open. Waited for the temp to approach 400°, then closed the bottom vent about half way. Put the wings on and flipped them a few time so they would cook evenly. When they were almost done placed them in a stainless steel bowl tossed them with sauce threw them back on for a few minutes and viola!