Sign in to follow this  
smoker08

Difference between Beef Ribs with a lot of meat on top and a rack that doesn't

Hi all, Been an extremley long time since I have been on but some may remember me. Hi to ya'll. For all those new welcome to the best cooking website in the world.

Now for my question. I was just given 2 racks of beef ribs with not much meat on top from what I can tell. Don't know were the person got them from but his sight is bad at best. He knew I had some smokers and asked me to cook them for a lunchen tomorrow after church. My plan is to cook them now, let rest in ridge overnight, then warm tomorrow in a sous vide bath while I warm my pulled pork done yesterday. Is the general time to cook a rack with little meat on top the same as with a thick meat layer on top? Just wondering when to start testing the doneness. Thanks in advance for the advise.

How were they? 

Had I seen your question sooner I might have suggested smoking a couple of hours and then sous vide at your finish temp for as long as possible. They would need searing of course. I did some pork ribs like this when my Akorn pissed me off. They were great. 

They were great..Used a recipie I saw from John on utube for beef back ribs.. a few changes..used a beef broth for marinade.. and topped with a bbq sauce for last 30 minutes of cook..but still darn good! Just learning with Kamado..purchased in May... but feel it's a killer way for my cooks year long up this far north in Canada.