BRGriller

Just got my Classic 2! Anything beginner tips/must buy additions

Thanks guys! I have the KJ halfmoon soapstone coming in tomorrow and I already know I will be using it a lot for searing, fish and smashburgers. it was a no brainer. Did my first cook yesterday - something basic, wings and it turned out amazing. Getting to and keeping temp was a lot easier than I thought, would have to thank all of the suggestions and videos about working up instead of going all in and overshooting. 

Doing pork butt sometime this weekend. I also have that same inkbird ibt-4xs ordered and its coming in tomorrow as well @T_om haha

One thing I learned but missed even though it was so obvious - the direct heat coming off from the sides of the deflectors. Need to account for that next time I do indirect. Three or so were a bit overdone but not to the point where it was inedible. Still tasted great.

chrome_2019-09-11_03-26-52.jpg

BRGrill also be aware of the crack between the deflector stones if not tight you can get a hot spot, and on mine the back of the grill is a little hotter than the front. John's book of Knowledge is a good helpful book to read.