Sign in to follow this  
mtoddsolomon

I believe I have an Addiction

I made two grill purchases last night that may have completed my grill accessories.. So here's my setup.

Kamado Joe Classic 2

Kick Ash Basket

Custom Built Grill table

Fireboard with Temp Controller and Fan

Divide and conquer

2 Stainless Steel Standard Grates

2 Heat Deflectors

2 Cast Iron Grates

1 Cast Iron Reversible Griddle

1 Stainless Steel Laser Cut Grate

JoeTisserie

DoJoe

And as of last night I got the Grill Expander and the Soapstone grate. What am I missing?

Here is my grill table. Currently i'm storing my charcoal, dojoe, and Joetisserie in the cabinet on the left and all of the other things in the drawer. I'm going to change things up this weekend though, since the weight of the accessories on the drawer is causing issue.  I'll be adding a storage system for the half moons in the cabinet and re-do the drawer to have plastic totes and just empty my coal in there.

Grill.jpg.939e848bba24ebf8582acaaa54e84000.jpg

So how do you store your accessories? 

Storing accessories?  I do such a poor job of that.  I run from my KJ on the deck into the garage for the charcoal, back to the KJ, then into the kitchen for tongs ... down to a cabinet in the basement ... back upstairs to the garage ...  I'm the worst!

@Murphy-in-gtown I like that system, I'm thinking of something very similar but on the inside of my cabinet. I believe i can get two half moons on each wall of the cabinet and the door. then I'll have room inside for the rings and pizza stone. I'll take some pictures after I figure it all out. AppState has a bye week so Saturday will be spent working on the grill table with the game in the background.

I agree, I'm going to a buddies house this weekend to see his new Rec Tec Stampede. I've already told my wife that there's a good chance I'm going to have to add that to the porch. She asked if that meant I was selling my Joe? I tried really hard not to laugh.

3 minutes ago, mtoddsolomon said:

I agree, I'm going to a buddies house this weekend to see his new Rec Tec Stampede. I've already told my wife that there's a good chance I'm going to have to add that to the porch. She asked if that meant I was selling my Joe? I tried really hard not to laugh.

Don't worry eventually you're wife will get used to it. I'm at 4 on the porch and 2 in the yard. Everytime a new one shows up I promise her that it's the last one. She quit believing that line a few grills ago. 

what are you missing.........my recommendation is add ceramic feet under the grill. this will help minimize radiant heat through your stone(s) under the grill.  t

42 minutes ago, tjv said:

what are you missing.........my recommendation is add ceramic feet under the grill. this will help minimize radiant heat through your stone(s) under the grill.  t

I have them now, the picture is before they arrived. feet.jpg.3325c1e1fb2c4277f84755d6d8abdba2.jpg