FatViking

3 tier pedestal cook area for my girls!

Fellow Guru's,

This past week I have started my new cook area. Removed and cleaned everything before getting started.  I Hauled in 1000lbs of cinderblocks and used construction adhesive to bind them, the rebared and poured concrete in a few columns for stability.  I got super lucky wit finding bull nose travertine that is 2 inches thick for the tops.  Two outer pedestals are 23.5x23.5x23.5 before adding the caps and will hold my Vision and Primo XL 400. The inner tier is 32x23.5x8 and will hous my Kamado Company K7 restoration. I'll be skinning the vertical walls with inch thick pavers.

20190902_091224.jpg

20190902_104329.jpg

20190910_070357.jpg

7 hours ago, FatViking said:

Well after doing research...I had to go the hard route.  Placing caps in the blocks and making sure it was level...done....best way to create a base for the travertine mud to adhere and not have to redo this.

20190913_092941.jpg

That looks Grrar! I just made a concrete countertop for my pizza oven.  Zero experience with masonry, watched a YouTube video and it came out amazing 

And the heavy a$$ travertine caps are on..these buggers weighed 60 pounds each....72 hours to wait, then grout and seal.  Still looking for something nice to place on the floor and walls in the middle.  My blue tailed Kamado Company K7 restoration is going there. Ideas?

20190914_064930.jpg

This is looking awesome! I like the look of all the cedar tables out there, but there's something to a cement/brick table. I  want to do something similar, but I'm scared to put it on my new stamped concrete patio. It should be fine, but that weight adds up fast (especially since I have a Big Joe.) Please keep us updated. Bravo so far!