Sign in to follow this  
Rival

Camp Chef Explorer opinions

Was looking at Blackstones for a while, but this seems like a better option for my needs. Anyone have any experience with them? Amazon and the like has the stove for $99, and accessories aren't bad.

https://www.campchef.com/two-burner-stove-explorer.html

I like the modular approach with adding a griddle top or even a grill box. I want a griddle, but would get a lot of use from the burners for canning, corn, lobster, or even frying. I hate how much cooking that stuff inside heats the house up (and smells it up like oil when frying a lot). 

I've had a CampChef 3 burner as part of my outside kitchen for years, and simply would not be without one. As a cooktop it's hard to beat the high BTU and control.  If you want a griddle, you can buy the one or two burner attachment.  If you want a pizza oven, you can buy the attachment.  If you want a smoker/hotbox, you can buy the attachment.  Plus it's portable.

The only cons I can think of are 1: With time and use the area below the burners can get pretty greasy and dirty.  Covering helps some.  Spraying with an oven cleaner and using a pressure nozzle works better but is a pretty messy job.  The good news is that the burners do not rust and burn themselves clean.  2: Even with the wind screen up, on a breezy day it's hard to keep lit or maintain consistent flame height.