philpom

Do you like cool cars? Candy!

Yeah, a lot of the money I've earned in my lifetime went to fast cars, booze and women.  The rest was spent foolishly.

But, sorry, there’s something wrong with my old brain and I don’t watch those 1-second flashing images, interesting though they be.

So, I quit watching at the Buick Grand National which is a super-interesting car.  The 1986-87 models were turbocharged, intercooled, sequential fuel injected V-6s that were faster than the same vintage Corvette, something that created internal friction at General Motors.  That’s pretty unique.

This seems like a great place to post this.

Escondido has a classic car night on what they call "Cruisin Grand". It's a weekly  classic car event every Friday night, April through September. On August 30th they Hosted the Carlsbad raceway Reunion where they allowed these dragsters to make one past up and down Grand Ave. We parked and got this video of some of these really cool cars.

3 hours ago, DerHusker said:

This seems like a great place to post this.

Escondido has a classic car night on what they call "Cruisin Grand". It's a weekly  classic car event every Friday night, April through September. On August 30th they Hosted the Carlsbad raceway Reunion where they allowed these dragsters to make one past up and down Grand Ave. We parked and got this video of some of these really cool cars.

Awesome sounds.  I liked that falcon towards the end.  My first car was a 67 falcon.

Yeah, I knew I should've got a Falcon! :)

But seriously, a friend in high school had a 67 Falcon much like that one you're talking about. We'd cruse Whittier Blvd in it and had a blast.