Sign in to follow this  
just4fn

Golf

I don't get golfers.  They all love to golf. They can't wait to set a tee time,  can't wait to tee off.  Then the race begins.  They then can't wait to get off the course.  At the end of the round, it's all about how fast they shot 18.  If you love the game would't you want to be on the course as long as you can?  It's a race to get off and make the next tee time.  I think the score card should have a time element involved also. 

If you correctly calculate everything and make the rules, most likely others will like it and you can organize what you want. The main thing to act :)

On 9/15/2019 at 11:34 PM, just4fn said:

I don't get golfers.  They all love to golf. They can't wait to set a tee time,  can't wait to tee off.  Then the race begins.  They then can't wait to get off the course.  At the end of the round, it's all about how fast they shot 18.  If you love the game would't you want to be on the course as long as you can?  It's a race to get off and make the next tee time.  I think the score card should have a time element involved also. 

For me, it's not about getting off the course as soon as I can. It's about not having to wait to hit every shot because the group in front of you takes forever to play their shots for a variety of reasons. I cannot get into a rhythm with my golf game with so much waiting and that affects my score.

When I don't have to wait, I go to my ball, determine the distance to the green, select my club take a couple of practice swings, and hit the ball. Hopefully it goes where I want, if not, I go to my ball and repeate the process. If I don't have to wait, I can play 18 holes of golf in 3.5 to 4 hours, which allows me to get off the course, get home and fire up the KJ for dinner.

Edited by Golf Griller

This is from a player who has stopped playing. This is year 6 of not touching a club. 

I golfed fairly steady for 20+ years. No doubt a a great game.

My group were always strict rules of golf and they usually were scoring in the 70s or low 80s.

Many reasons to step back,  but near the top of my list is:  The players who seem to get the greatest enjoyment of a round by standing in the fairway with hands on hips as if my group is ultra slow.

We  have let some play through and 99% of the time we end up running up on them a few holes later. They have no group slow in front of them. Their shots are ugly too. They in turn do not let us play thru. If we see them in the clubhouse, they will not make eye contact.

I considered a club membership but would lose my buddies.

M.

I love golf but I have been physically unable to play for over 6 years now. I was not a speed player but I couldn't stand the guys that took forever to play either. I used to carry a 2 hdp but it had increased to an 8 by the time I had to quit. TV coverage ruined public golf, watching all the pros take forever to decide on a shot, everyone thinks they should also take all that time. I really miss being able to play, hell I live in a golf community and envy those that can.

6 hours ago, mike echo said:

We  have let some play through and 99% of the time we end up running up on them a few holes later. They have no group slow in front of them. Their shots are ugly too.

If a group lets me play through, the only way they will see me on the course again is if I am waiting on a group in front of me. I am still hitting some ugly shots, but not as many. I do not let them slow me down from my routine.