bbq_Derek

Hello from Southern California, new Kamado Joe Classic II owner

Hi all, just wanted to say hi.  I am a new Kamado Joe Classic II owner, from southern California in the Los Angeles/Orange County area.

I have been a lifelong "griller" and got into real BBQ several years ago, and was smoking on my Weber Kettle for years using the snake method until I got my Kamado.

Although I usually have great results (Everyone loves my brisket) the snake method can be a pain....more variables and more things that can go wrong, more babysitting.

A friend introduced me to Kamado's a few years back....he himself has used an Akorn for years and has had great results.  After researching and saving up, I went with a Kamado Joe Classic II.

I have had it for 2 months now and absolutely love it...I have cooked everything on it except I have not yet tried a brisket yet.  I always had great luck smoking Briskets on my weber, so I am hoping for similar or better results on the Kamado.

Looking forward to joining in the forum and helping people out, and probably be asking for guidance myself. Glad to be on board!

I started following the Keto diet recently due to health reasons, and so I use sugar free/low carb BBQ sauces and rubs wherever possible. 

20190823_151602.jpg