GiffS

Hello!

New guy here.  Been cooking on a Kamado for almost 20 years.  My first Kamado came from Richard, now a rather infamous character, but I have to say my original kamado served me well for 15 years until it finally needed to be replaced.  It was used hard and left outside in Maryland and Virginia uncovered for it’s whole life.  Anyway it served me well.

i replaced it with a Kamado Joe Classic 3 which I am really enjoying but I should have gone with the Big Joe:banghead:  

I am really liking the flexibility of the rack system.  I have added the cast iron griddle, cast iron grates (2) and a soapstone half moon.  Anyway happy to find this forum.

John your videos have been awesome for me.  I am fighting cancer and have chemo treatments 5 days a week. Watching your videos to learn new recipes and techniques has made my time in the chair go by faster.  Thanks!

GiffS

Welcome, Giff, glad to have both you and your new Joe with us. Yeah, from what I understand lots of folks with RJ kamados have stories to tell. Although, your's seems to have delivered as advertised.  Sounds like you know your way around a kamado. Looking forward to your cooking posts.  Sorry to hear of your medical issues, I am adding you to my prayer list. As far as a big Joe goes, you can always get another kamado and have a stable of two. :)

Grace and Peace

Welcome Giff, glad you joined the forum, it sounds like you will fit right in here.  I hope your cancer treatments go well and put the disease into permanent remission.  

Stay strong

Great to have you on board and looking forward to learning from your Kamado experience and seeing your cooks!  Best of luck with the cancer treatments, I know its not too fun but this forum should definitely make the time go by!