Chasdev

Trader Joe's Green Dragon hot sauce!

I saw an online recommendation for things to try at Trader Joe's and I have to report to any and all who live for hot sauce that Green Dragon is a WIN!

It's flavor is mostly jalapeno and tomatillos with vinegar.

Not flaming hot and the balance between japs and toma's is perfect, it's not a green sauce and not a jap sauce.

2 hours ago, Chasdev said:

I saw an online recommendation for things to try at Trader Joe's and I have to report to any and all who live for hot sauce that Green Dragon is a WIN!

Not flaming hot and the balance between japs and toma's is perfect, it's not a green sauce and not a jap sauce.

Thanks for the heads up. I will try it. Love hot sauce. Hate those extreme capsaicin extract sauces. Little heat, lots o flavor=nice sauce.   A nice mild hot sauce I use sometimes is Ed’s Red Xx Hot.  The xxhot is still kind of mild. The regular is tasty sauce, but no heat. For more heat I also like Chelsea fire wicked sauce. Hot and tasty. 

5 hours ago, Chasdev said:

Been using it for years, that is green nectar from Heaven.

Just found Rotel Roasted Green Hatch Chile Thick Hot Sauce at Wally's. It's new to me. Pretty good! 

No Trader's near me, I will hopefully remember the green dragon next time I'm there.