GiffS

Soapstone Swordfish

So one of my favorite fish to grill is swordfish.  Over the years I have developed a glaze that I like very much.  The glaze consists of :

3 tbls melted butter

1 freshly squeezed lemon 

2 tsp soy sauce

1/2 tsp wasabi powder

Heat but don’t simmer or boil and mix well.  Obviously you should adjust the quantities based on how much fish you’re grilling and how salty (soy) and spicy (wasabi) you like.

I set up my KJ Classic 3 for two zone cooking with a heat deflector in the low position and a grate in the high position on one side and my soapstone half moon on the direct side.  Brought the dome temp to 375 F and waited until the soapstone hit 480 to 500.

Put a light coating of Alvacado Oil on the swordfish and some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on both sides.  For the asparagus which was cooked on the in direct side I used olive oil and S&P.  The fish was cooked on the soapstone for about 5 minutes per side then moved to the in direct side and the glaze is brushed on.  Flip after 2 minuets and brush the again.  Pull the fish and brush again right before serving ( brush the asparagus if you have enough left).  Some fresh squeezed lemon and serve with rice or whatever you like.

1B863339-0BA4-4EAF-9E93-4AB3872A78AF.jpeg

F01E28E0-8FB7-4001-9AB9-0DA3B1888160.jpeg

1227FD29-7368-4D87-B3B4-504AB0076ED6.jpeg