New corporate address

Kyle 30092

Hi Everyone,

I just had one of my heat deflector plates crack and was on KJ's website reviewing warranty information. Noticed that they are no longer 3 miles up the street from my house in Norcross, Ga. but now down in Columbus, Ga. 

A few years ago, I got some warranty parts for my Oklahoma Joe smoker out of Columbus and am wondering if the company was sold or what?  Sure hope not since one of the reasons I went with a Joe is that they are a family owned business (my kids went to the same HS) and I love their entrepreneurial spirit. 

KJ merged with Masterbuilt, also family-owned.  KJ recently consolidated warehouses with MB in Columbus, swapping 50,000 square feet for 150,000 square feet - and not leased. Customer Support for the various product lines is merging and training is going on. My expectation is that support will continue as before and this gives KJ the opportunity for more product development.  All in all a good move in my totally useless opinion. 

It was a deal done last year so it’s kinda old news. Bobby Brennan, the founder of KJ, is now CEO of both companies. So yes, still owned by the family but the equity mix has changed. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominus-capital-invests-in-kamado-joe-300717060.html

Man I LOVE my KJ!!!   Have recommended it to many of my friends and some have bought one.   However I’m concerned a bit about the customer relation level we’ve all touted as second to none.   I’ve had a warranty claim in for a replacement heat deflector since July 28.  Anyone else have an issue where it takes so long with no positive outcome?  I was told today via email for the first time about the replacement shield Fedex tracking number and to work it out with Fedex.  Looked that up on Fedex and reason it’s held up in Norcross is due to “multiple shipping labels” on package.  I Called fed ex and got the automated system and since I’m not the shipper that I am not able to address any “ship-to”concerns.  That makes sense.  I’ve no issues with that.  Meanwhile another broke (my third in less than two years) on Sunday on a 250degree brisket cook.  My fourth has a stress crack down the middle and likely gone soon.  I handle these delicately. Cool completely,etc.  To KJs credit I was told a pizza stone would be shipped to me to use while the back order stones were fulfilled.  .  Still haven’t received that either.   Ultimately, why would the rep have me contact Fedex vs them following up since they shipped it?  

Just getting a feel feel for service experiences from others.

Thanks for listening and I welcome any feedback.  

• 1 year later...

Customer service is terrible.   No phone number to speak to an actual customer.   No answers to my online inquiries Who sells a product but will not speak to their customers?  I like my cooker but would not recommend them to my friends 

My new Big Joe was delivered (in the UK) with a damaged gasket. I reported it via their web system at 10PM ;last Wednesday. On Friday morning I received an email looking for some more information. By 11AM I had a confirmation that the warranty issue was accepted and that a new gasket had been dispatched.

I can't complain about that service! Quick, easy and efficient.