Outdoor Pizza Oven

S@D

We do like the many choices of cooking option and have always wanted to build an outdoor pizza oven.

So, started from scratch and ended up like this. 

With the correct heat refractory bricks, insulation and mortar the heat retention is amazing.

We have cooked a few meals such as fish, roasts - but great for family pizza a nights. 

20160521_211536.jpg

20160504_090313.jpg

20160520_132310.jpg

20160505_131059.jpg

20160331_152053.jpg

Awesome project. I thought about building one, in the end just bought one instead. Definitely want to see more pizza pictures. We love pizzas pictures on Kamado Guru. That really big pizza cutting board is awesome too. 

Thanks ckreef,

yes I was also going to buy one, but I couldn't help myself in the end. 

the next one (if that ever happens) will be a bigger internal diameter with the opening also a little bigger.  its a little tight cooking and maneuvering 2 pizzas at the same time.  they cook so fast, you really need to be able to attend to both pizzas' pretty much at the same time.

it was great fun in the end and a great talking point when cooking.

would definitely build another one.  not necessarily  that cheap when using all the correct refractory brinks and mortar but certainly better off in the long run when cooking and the heat retention - and no cracks.

Thanks for looking  

20160504_110246.jpg

20160504_135706.jpg

20160506_115819.jpg

Mine has 30' inside diameter and a 18" wide opening. I consider that to be the smallest workable dimensions. Yup its definitely a little tight for manipulating two pies. If I ever got another one I would want at least a 42" inside diameter with a 20"+ opening. 

I will say it again - you have a really awesome project - I'm a little jealous. 

• 2 weeks later...