Ron5850

Simple halibut shish kabobs

I got home from work early today and went to the fish market and pick up some fresh halibut. Cut up the fish, peppers, and onions added them to the skewer. A light coat of garlic infused olive oil salt, pepper and fresh oregano. And simply cooked over direct heat until the fish started to flake.

20190830_182154.jpg

20190830_184002.jpg

20190830_185955.jpg

Edited by Ron5850

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Never done fish kabobs. Looks delicious. Also that pearl couscous is looking spot on. 

The Pearl couscous was actually spot on. It was made by a friend of mine's wife. It had sweetness from the raisins as well as some crunch from the pumpkin seeds. And the pearl couscous is just fabulous whatever it's in. I just love it in soup.

14 hours ago, lnarngr said:

Were the veggies as done as the fish? 

The vegetables were definitely cooked but I like my peppers and onions to be very soft. They had a little bit of crispness still to them. 

1 hour ago, pmillen said:

How hot were the coals?

Lid open the whole time?

Any other important instructions?

I'm going to take a run at this.  Thanks for turning me on to it.

I didn't have a lot of lump in the Firebox. I don't remember exactly how much was in there. I believe it was just what I had left from the last cook. I may have added a little to it . I had the grill set on the top level of the divide-and-conquer system. As for the lid it was one of those things where it was open most of the time. I just closed the lid from time to time so the fire wouldn't get out of control. And also to try to help soften the vegetables. In the past I've done this cook with swordfish and tuna. But the Halibut seems to cook a little nicer. Keep me posted on how it comes out.

Edited by Ron5850