I plan on welding together a gravity fed insulated smoker at some point in the future, but this is interesting. One of the potential advantages of a reverse flow unit that interests me is a small hot fire. This could be a winner.

Edited by T Yelta
changed reverse flow to gravity feed

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I could get one but then it would be considered a biased review.

Maybe, but you have plenty of fans that listen and respect you. 

4 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I could get one but then it would be considered a biased review.

I trust your reviews regardless of what some people might think. 

1 hour ago, Ben S said:

Maybe, but you have plenty of fans that listen and respect you. 

Typically my first look videos on a product like this are not reviews or recommendations but just an overview of what it is.  This particular smoker has had my attention for a while now because it's a bit different from anything else out there.

I picked up a Pit Boss pellet cabinet marked down from $460 to $109, a Barrel House Cooker for $45 from $200, and a Weber premium kettle for $40 in January of this year at Walmart. Looks like this will be sold at Wally World too so I will keep my eyes peeled for it to start dropping. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By American Moriyama
      I recently picked up 3 boxes of Forest Lumps charcoal at a KCBS event here in town and the vendor told me that this was a great Beechwood charcoal from Europe. It rated highly recommended on the Naked Wiz site. It lit very fast and seemed to burn well, but it produced a lot of smoke. This is the first charcoal that I have purchased that was not from either Walmart or HD and am not sure why or if this product is better. Has anyone tried this lump?

• By BBQ_Princess
      Morning Everyone. 

First, this forum has been great for getting tips and learning how to cook on my Kamado Joe. So far I’ve successfully made pizza, beef ribs, and chicken which have all
      been amazing.

I want to smoke a brisket for mother’s day and have learned the how’s and what to dos but what I don’t know is how much charcoal do I use?  I haven’t bought the brisket yet but I’m assuming this will be a 8-10 hour smoke. I just want to make sure I have enough coal to keep the fire going. 

Also, do you wrap your brisket half way through or no?  

Thanks in advance!!!
    • By uhmump95
      I just got a 26 inch Weber kettle  for Father's day.  Since I have been using my Kamado for the last year, I love using lump charcoal.  Is there any benefit to using lump in a kettle?  I read an article on the Weber site and it said lump cooks fast on a kettle grill.  Hopefully my peeps here can give me some insight.  

Lump charcoal use on kettle please give me your thoughts.
    • By Tim$BudgetBBQ
      Got some steak on clearance at Walmart. They had put some seasoning on the NY strip steaks that tastes like fajita meat. I cooked them up to 135 degrees using my indirect heat shield I designed and had a friend build for me. I finished the sear on the steaks using a piece of 1/4" plate steel I had custom cut at a fabrication shop. I bought the shrimp at Sams already on the skewers. I seasoned them with Slap Ya Momma Cajun seasoning and cooked them 4 minutes, 2 on each side, on the same plate steel. The steak came out medium to well (my smoking hot wife doesnt like medium rare) and the shrimp was on target.
    • By ndg_2000
      Hi 
      What charcoal brand would our UK based kamado owners recommend buying I have bought big green egg charcoal but do find it expensive for what it is. Any suggestions welcome
      Tia
      Nigel