Sign in to follow this  
Owly

Budget 13" Ceramic Komodo from Titanm MFG

I have not yet used my 13" komodo (10F and a blizzard here) but the quality looks excellent, and I'm quite pleased with it.....  It of course lacks an ash pan....which would not be expected in a unit this size.   It is heavy and well built, has the slider on the bottom and the classic rotating vent plus swing away on top.  What it doesn't have is a diffuser plate for indirect heat....nor is one available from the supplier, nor is there a flip up grill, or a cast iron grill option, but at $154 including shipping, these are trivial issues.   I can easily pick it up and carry it...........but it is far from thin or light weight.   The steel stand is well made, and packaging is excellent.  It includes not only the hardware to assemble the wood handle to the grill and assemble the stand, but also the tools.

I can deal with the unincluded / unavailable options......... A Komodo Joe it's not......... but it is quite satisfactory, especially considering the price.  It would be suitable for "tailgating" or camping, and for me as a single guy it's about ideal.......  Or at least looks that way.    I'll probably shop for unglazed ceramic tile for a diffuser / deflector...  a square tile resting on top of the ceramic fire box by it's corners would work well I suspect.

H.W.

hello, I saw the Titans online for $199. Is that  what you have? The ones I have looked at had a 10" grate. It would be good for fireing up some steaks, less lump and trouble than a large kamado. Where did you find one for $154?

https://www.titangreatoutdoors.com/outdoor-cooking-1/10-inch-ufo-kamado-grill-899169.html?lang=default

I thought it was an incredible bargain....... I'll build a table on my porch where it will sit right outside the kitchen at working height. It's designed to sit on a picnic table.

H.W.

After I posted, I found it on the site you linked. It looks like the grate has three little hooks welded to the underside. If so, could you hang a diffuser on them? what diameter would fit on them?