Case for Prescription Safety Glasses?

Loremaster72

OK, I just had to get new prescription glasses, and this time I upgraded my prescription safety glasses as well.  They were quite a bit older, and while my distance vision hasn't changed, I'm now wearing progressive multifocal lenses, and being able to read prints out in the shop is an asset.  Anyhow, the reason for this posting is one of my pet peeves.  I picked up a nice pair of safety glasses with removable sideshields, glasses that look good enough to wear as daily wear if needed.  Since these are secondary glasses, they spend most of their time in a case in my briefcase or other day-bag.  Unfortunately, I can't find a compact hard side glasses case that fits glasses with sideshields on.  When folded, the sideshields add about 1/2" per side to the overall length of the folded eyeglasses, making them too long for every case I've seen.  Given that we have any number of people here from a wide range of backgrounds I was wanting to see if anyone has found a good hard-side case that works for glasses with sideshields?  I want something that gives the glasses decent protection while riding in my briefcase, without taking up an excessive amount of space.

Yes, I can and do pop the sideshields off to put the glasses into a hard case, but then I also have to wrap them in a cloth to keep the shields from scratching the lenses in transit.  It's do-able, but a touch tedious, plus the shields sometimes break over time, as they are a friction fit to the temple bars.  I'm just surprised to not have seen a decent answer to this problem.  Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked on Amazon, and unfortunately nothing I've found looks like it will work.  With side shields on and folded, my prescription glasses are almost 6 1/2" wide, and the thickest part is out at the ends, not in the middle.  I'm just surprised no one is making something to deal with this.  Anyhow, I'm probably going to have to make something custom to deal with this.

2 hours ago, Loremaster72 said:

I've looked on Amazon, and unfortunately nothing I've found looks like it will work.  With side shields on and folded, my prescription glasses are almost 6 1/2" wide, and the thickest part is out at the ends, not in the middle.  I'm just surprised no one is making something to deal with this.  Anyhow, I'm probably going to have to make something custom to deal with this.

Too big?

https://www.amazon.com/PFC-080-050-023-5SF-Plastic-Carrying-Black/dp/B013UCNT8E/ref=sr_1_54?keywords=8+inch+plastic+case&qid=1573073170&sr=8-54