Sign in to follow this  
Rob_grill_apprentice

Rustic Bread -test run.

Rustic bread test run was successful.   I used 2.2 kg scale.  Base of recipe was same dough as country bread but this time bread has 20% whole-wheat  (10% rye, 10% hard red spring wheat).   I have to thank Larry about his YouTube video where to said to shut vents after 10 minutes,  the bottom of crust was perfect.   Very happy with taste.    This bread delicious on own and can be eaten with other dishes.  

DD4FFA3C-41B0-4317-9377-75EB69B88B53.jpeg

4189BAA6-83F2-43B5-8CB3-6129628D857D.jpeg

9439E363-2989-498C-BB06-8279A633A526.jpeg

43852D51-7318-44DC-BEB8-065E5835498F.jpeg

63F1DCC3-FCB2-4EEA-982B-EC8675F7037B.jpeg

DEC161CF-61FF-4C9C-AE57-D7FFC031B2FD.jpeg

EB84A526-E4F9-4F1C-ADC1-D4D756295393.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Cracked Wheat Bread-test run successful.    This bread tastes very good.  It was made using hard white wheat artesian untreated flour, hard red spring wheat fresh ground, cracked wheat and malt syrup.  Pate Fermentee yeasted pre-ferment was made.  Cracked wheat made into soaker.  It was a 75 % hydration dough.  

Test run making Five-Grain Bread with Pate Fermentee.    Taste is very good.   I thought I had sunflower seeds but I didn’t so I used toasted sesame seeds in place of sunflower seeds.  Happy with result.   No picture of brotform loaf because I used expansion rack on Kamado and temperature gauge punctured one end of the loaf so appearance not nice.   With baking loafs I shouldn’t use expansion rack.  Small loaf baked on main rack. 

Brown Rice bread, test run.  Happy with taste, crumb and texture. I should have stopped at 30 minutes instead I took off after 38 minutes.  Bottom of both loaves charred.  This is tasty recipe.  If I hadn’t charred bottom it would have been perfect.  Outside temperatures-28 C.   Recipe is keeper.   I like the taste of the bread. 

Test run on Whole-Wheat Bread with multigrain soaker was very successful.  Bread has very nice flavour and slight crunch.    If my two boys like the taste it will become a regular family recipe.  Enjoy the photos.   

Test Run successful on Whole-wheat bread with Hazelnuts and Currants.   The Bosch Universal Plus is awesome mixer.   It only took 1 minute on speed 1 to thoroughly incorporate the roasted hazelnuts and currants.   Flavour very nice, texture and crumb very good.   This recipe would make very good Christmas Buns.