Kamado Guru - John's Really Right Stuff List

23 minutes ago, Vickip said:

I have an Imperial kamado from the 1960’s that needs a replacement handle,bands,and hinge device.  Ant help ideas?

the top inside diameter is 18’”

You might try creating a post in the "Other Kamado" section of this forum.  This is an ongoing discussion on accessories and not really the best place to get an answer for your question since it's not related to this topic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@John Setzler, I see that you recommend the iKamand in your post as the daily "go-to" controller but it looks like the Fireboard 2 has come out since the article and you seemed to like that quite a bit from the video demo and review that you made. The app certainly seems to have some cool features/functionality that the iKamand doesn't. At this point do you still recommend using the iKAMAND more or did the new FireBoard 2 make it to the top of the stack? Was considering the FB2 Drive model for my new Classic II.

2 hours ago, KamadoJones86 said:

@John Setzler, I see that you recommend the iKamand in your post as the daily "go-to" controller but it looks like the Fireboard 2 has come out since the article and you seemed to like that quite a bit from the video demo and review that you made. The app certainly seems to have some cool features/functionality that the iKamand doesn't. At this point do you still recommend using the iKAMAND more or did the new FireBoard 2 make it to the top of the stack? Was considering the FB2 Drive model for my new Classic II.

I probably need to update the wording in that section of this post.  I am not using the iKamand any more as I like the Fireboard much better overall.  

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 7:06 AM, John Setzler said:

Traeger BIG Spatula

I tried looking for this tool, and it seems to no longer be available either at Amazon or a couple of the larger BBQ on-line retailers that I searched.  Thoughts as to a good alternative? 

Thanks

20 hours ago, Boater said:

I tried looking for this tool, and it seems to no longer be available either at Amazon or a couple of the larger BBQ on-line retailers that I searched.  Thoughts as to a good alternative? 

Thanks

Yes sir... I added one of these to my collection at half the price of the Traeger:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-Large-Cut-BBQ-Grill-Spatula-Stainless-Steel-w-Rosewood-Handle/610373735