Did I get a deal on a big joe?

Chicago griller

Hey everyone I'm new to kamado grills and have been wanting one for a long time. I've been contemplating on getting a used one since money is tight with the holidays around the corner. Well today I went to a local store to see the different sizes so I could narrow my search. Lo and behold they had a big joe ii display model for 998 down from 1800. It will need a new gasket as it looked torn, and some items were missing but the store placed an order for me for the missing items without charging me. Did I get a pretty good deal or was I just made a schmuck? Thanks in advance for everyones input. 

I got the grill delivered but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the deflector plates. Kamada joe is also sending a firebox and gasket... I gotta hand it to kamado joe I thought they were gonna give me a hard time for buying a demo model but they took care of me!!!

Chris, I'm pretty excited to see how the ribs come out compared to my pit barrel cooker. The pit barrel seems to cook them just fine but my wife loves fall off the bone ribs and unfortunately if they get too tender they will fall off the hook. I have to time them exactly right. Anyways as soon as I get some cooks on it I'll share some pics. 

Just bought a used Big Joe II with lots of extras,  paid $1000, but i got a charcoal basket, the kick ### trash can the rotisserie electric blowgun starter pizza stone and cast iron grates.  Very happy with the price.  Upgraded fro Costco Vision.  First cook will be rotisserie turkey

Jchag how did you like the vision? I was looking at one of those before I picked up the big joe. Still might snag one.

Hey everyone so just an update. Wish I could contribute more but have had some mishaps with kamado joe and was wondering if what I'm about to say is normal. Kamado joe has now twice sent me the wrong gasket for my big joe. First they sent me the mesh one but for the 18" next they sent me the the correct size but the felt gasket not the mesh. Also as for the missing parts they sent an invoice number and when the package arrived only one item was in it when the invoice shows three should be in there... is this normal for kamado joe... I've heard great things about their customer service and they are always more than willing to help over the phone but the parts that arrive seem to be a 50/50 chance of being correct.