Jump to content

Started a Kamado BBQ YouTube channel ... anyone else have a channel?


Recommended Posts

Took a leap and started a BBQ youtube channel.  First video is for how to operate the eggs, an upcoming video will be the review between the egg vs the kamado joe now that I have had some time to form my verdict.

 

Appreciate any feedback you have as I am a newb at this, also if you have a channel share here so we can find and follow others who are crazy enough to try this thing.

 

Channel link to YouTube

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RubyQbbq said:

I would like to see content more geared toward the Kamado Joe grills, and maybe the table build. But also recipes and some compare/contrast the eggs and KJ. I have a feeling whatever you post will be entertaining and educational!

 


have you been peaking in my iMovie library lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smokingdadbbq said:

Took a leap and started a BBQ youtube channel.  First video is for how to operate the eggs, an upcoming video will be the review between the egg vs the kamado joe now that I have had some time to form my verdict.

 

Appreciate any feedback you have as I am a newb at this, also if you have a channel share here so we can find and follow others who are crazy enough to try this thing.

 

Channel link to YouTube

I think the first video is a great start.

 

When I am looking at YouTube channels that I like, I am really looking for two things...

 

1.  Cooks that are particularly germaine to what I own (KJ for me - or any ceramic grill really); and

 

2.  Diversity of applications... and this one is the real key... all of my favourite Kamado channels really have diverse videos... from building cabinets, to baking bread, to accessory reviews.   The more diverse, the better and you'll probably reach the biggest possible audience in that way.  

 

Well done and good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Struja said:

I think the first video is a great start.

 

When I am looking at YouTube channels that I like, I am really looking for two things...

 

1.  Cooks that are particularly germaine to what I own (KJ for me - or any ceramic grill really); and

 

2.  Diversity of applications... and this one is the real key... all of my favourite Kamado channels really have diverse videos... from building cabinets, to baking bread, to accessory reviews.   The more diverse, the better and you'll probably reach the biggest possible audience in that way.  

 

Well done and good luck!

 

Going to release a time lapse of the BBQ table I just built with some instructions on how to do that, along with the obvious ones people have asked for already (1) how does the MiniMax and the Joe Jr compare and (2) how does the large egg and the classic 3 KJ compare ....

 

Without a spoiler there might be a video of the eggs leaving the island lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, Smokingdadbbq said:

I’ve enjoyed @Baby Back Maniac  videos for a long time ... good idea as he is bbq youtube celebrity 

 

That was a fantastic first video. I think the only suggestion I would make is to try to get a microphone closer to your face when you are standing away from the camera. I finally broke down and bought a wireless lav mic. Not only does it keep the audio consistent but it also takes out alot of the ambient noise. 

 

Congratulations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 6:43 PM, Baby Back Maniac said:

 

That was a fantastic first video. I think the only suggestion I would make is to try to get a microphone closer to your face when you are standing away from the camera. I finally broke down and bought a wireless lav mic. Not only does it keep the audio consistent but it also takes out alot of the ambient noise. 

 

Congratulations. 


thanks Justin. Really appreciate the tips. Will be sure to focus on the audio more 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, Smokingdadbbq said:

 

Going to release a time lapse of the BBQ table I just built with some instructions on how to do that, along with the obvious ones people have asked for already (1) how does the MiniMax and the Joe Jr compare and (2) how does the large egg and the classic 3 KJ compare ....

 

Without a spoiler there might be a video of the eggs leaving the island lol 

I think that’s a great idea (that I see you’ve already executed).  I’ve been looking for good plans for a table for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DEW said:

I think that’s a great idea (that I see you’ve already executed).  I’ve been looking for good plans for a table for a while. 


Yes thanks. The video is now live along with my showdown between the Big Green Egg MiniMax and the Joe Jr. 
 

this week is a 2min recipe (chili blanco) and next week is the one I’ve been asked to do most often - compare the kJ classic 3 to the large egg. 
 

 Enclosed is a rough plan i sketched out to make the project in the video. 

271F8D6F-E9F1-44AB-9A76-DB5970190994.jpeg

69BB8174-87E6-4EAC-BB98-2DD80B4EDB30.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DEW said:

Thank you for the plans. I watched your comparison video. It was very thorough. I think it is a good idea to vary lengths of your videos and I look forward to following your channel. 


thanks so much. This weeks is under 2min lol. Don’t need to keep ya any longer than necessary 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...