Sign in to follow this  
cwhuling

Big Joetisserie with digital grill controller

I used my Smobot yesterday for temp control because while using the Big Joetisserie.  Its the first time I have used the two together, and was a bit perplexed as to where to connect the thermometer clip?  I ended up pinning it with the lid floating about the fire at the back of the grill, and found it read roughly 90 degrees hotter than the dome thermometer.  I had a though of putting a washer with a large diameter hole on the spit and clipping to the washer, but I was already cooking when that idea came to me.  Any one else have a better way to use a temp controller with the Big Joetisserie? 

I have never tried to use a digital controller when I am using my Joetisserie. I use the dome temp for the grill temp, I just don't think the grill temp is that critical when using the Joetisserie. I have a Meater temp probe that I use for the meat temps and it has an outside temp reading on it also that I also use for the grill vent settings.