chickenwings

Light up your Kamado?

Anyone got a recommendation for lighting up the grill in the dark?  I see a couple of offerings on amazon and the like but wanted to see if there's something I 'm missing.

I have tried a number of battery powered lights that attach to the dome handle, but have not really encountered one I like. I, like the others above,  use a head lamp when I cook in the dark, as I find it works exceptionally well. If your cooking spot has a spot to attach a permenent hard wired  switched  light fixture that would be great also. I have a good spot but just have not gotten around to getting it wired to accept a spot light. 

Thanks everyone.  I suspected the handle attached lights are a bit problematic.  The good news is that it looks like my wife will be getting the lighting for our patio she wants....oh and it just may light up the Kamado too!

I have pretty nice lighting where I grill at home, but if I need more, or if we are somewhere else, I am very fond of my Streamlight Bandit headlamp. It is effectively weightless, weatherproof, charges via micro USB, and is currently less than $16 on Amazon. 

On 11/23/2019 at 8:22 AM, philpom said:

A nice bright led head lamp is the best thing there is.  Always has the light were you need it.

Headlamp. 2 free hands and its always pointing where you want it. 

On 11/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, chickenwings said:

Thanks everyone.  I suspected the handle attached lights are a bit problematic.  The good news is that it looks like my wife will be getting the lighting for our patio she wants....oh and it just may light up the Kamado too!

This is how it worked for me but it was an entire porch!

At least now there's light and a roof over my little steel buddy! 

I use a head lamp too. I also was gifted a light that attaches to the handle I am not a big fan of it. The other thing that I have is a solar flood light led from the harbor freight. I attached that to a piece of scrap 2x4  then I placed 2x4 in a bucket with a bag of concrete. Then the bucket got placed into a large flower planter. Added dirt and for a small herb garden. This works well for me since the way the grill is situated that the lights from the patio don't light up the area very well. So my light on a pole goes behind the grill and shines down. Also I can move it around if need be.  With the concrete in a bucket idea you can also rig it for a large umbrella for those rainy cooks.