pr0wlunwoof

Best Wok setup

I have a KJ, and the accessory (star) rack worked well to hold the wok about where yours is, but absent brake rotor. 

Frank 

It may be because I spent 40 years give or take working with and around bits of metal that were contaminated with harmful stuff BUT for the love of Pete did the concept of eating food with brake dust mixed in with it not give you a moments pause?

You could perhaps have the rotor sand blasted first?

I like the idea of the extra weight with having the grates tripped out using a Wok. I was using a grate that has a large one in the center which the wok sat OK in and when I flipped the  top too quick and let go the whole grill fell backwards into the grass. Just an FYI.. I was using a Vison also.

I just used that star shown above last weekend. I shut the lower vent completely while using the wok. I use a smaller wok so the Kamado kicks out some serious heat around the sides. My long-sleeve flannel was enough to keep me from getting burnt.

Yeah I attempted a little different setup and found it not adequate either. I am stuck between fabricating a bracket and buying one. Its pretty simple design so bending some rebar and welding on some legs is almost too easy. Half hour of my life or $15..... The constant debate I have.

18 minutes ago, pr0wlunwoof said:

Yeah I attempted a little different setup and found it not adequate either. I am stuck between fabricating a bracket and buying one. Its pretty simple design so bending some rebar and welding on some legs is almost too easy. Half hour of my life or $15..... The constant debate I have.

Also agree withy @TKOBBQ and try looking on the CGS. In particular the Spider. Very friendly people and will help you get set up with what you're are looking for.  

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/ceramic-grill-accessories-egg-kamado-joe-vision-pit-boss-primo