Costco beef and pork loin deals

Costco has a one-week special for beef prime top loin and pork loin, Nov 29 Dec 2. 

$25 off the beef and $8 off the pork. 

The beef has a hefty fat cap but it’s still a good deal. Packages are all about the same size, else I would have bought two small beef loins (and I only have so much freezer space). 

imageService?profileId=12026540&itemId=WHSonly34318-847&recipeName=344

I'm tempted by the strip loin every year and bought one the past two years, but after trimming off the fat cap, I'm not sure the savings are big enough over just buying the prime strip steaks which are better trimmed when I wabt them. Saving my freezer space for the $5-6 Choice rib roasts that are available in my area towards Christmas seems to be the real deal for me.

Well I got one of these beasts and cut it into a bunch of 2 inch steaks. In hindsight I might have done it differently by dividing the roast in half and only cutting steaks from one portion and saving the other half for a spin on the Joetisserie. 

Decisions decisions...and only so much room in the freezer. 

On 12/1/2019 at 2:14 PM, Bigzamboni said:

I'm tempted by the strip loin every year and bought one the past two years, but after trimming off the fat cap, I'm not sure the savings are big enough over just buying the prime strip steaks which are better trimmed when I wabt them. Saving my freezer space for the $5-6 Choice rib roasts that are available in my area towards Christmas seems to be the real deal for me.

BINGO

Although my local Giant Food has choice standing rib roasts that are more....appropriately sized for two for the same price around this time as well, so its decisions decisions for me