Sign in to follow this  
Beachpig

Titan 10” Kamado Review

I decided to add a Kamado grill to my collection. I currently own a Wilmington propane stainless grill. This is probably one of the best in the market at the $1,200 price range. I also own a Smokin-it smoker which is an awesome smoker and had many fantastic cooks on both. I have done lots of research on the Kamado grills and decided venture out and see what’s in the market. I wanted something small as I’m only cooking for two most of the time.

I looked at the BGE MIniMax 13” ($600), Kamado Joe Jr. 13.5” ($400) and the Titan 10” ($150).  I decided to give the Titan a shot knowing I was giving up 3” of grill space. On the flip side I was saving at least $250.

Titan 10” : I purchased the grill on sale from   https://www.titangreatoutdoors.com/outdoor-cooking-1/10-inch-ufo-kamado-grill-899169.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInrPisdKV5gIVS18NCh2lKQiIEAQYASABEgKetfD_BwE&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&lang=default&sc_intid=899169&scid=scplp899169&utm_source=google    for $147.00 free shipping. 

I received the grill and put it together within a half hour. This grill is solid!. I found an aluminum pan that fit until the grill rack for indirect cooking. I also found an old iron chair and mounted the Titan on it for more height convenience. I fired it up numerous time using Cowboy lump charcoal. I cooked burgers, steaks and chicken to great satisfaction. Searing you say, 800 Degrees!!!! If that isn’t hot enough, wow.

I decided to do a long cook this weekend putting four large pieces of lump in the chimney to desired appearance and then dropped them into the Titan. I placed a 5lb Boston Butt on a let it go for 7hrs. The weather conditions were 60 degrees, windy and raining. This kamado held 250 degrees for the duration with no fluctuation in temp. I was very impressed with this Titan. The Butt came out fantastic! The brisket will be next week.

I checked on the Titan 4 hrs after the cook and it was still holding 300 degrees as I was trying to burn of the grill. Note: I never added and more lump charcoal to the grill.

Overall, if anyone is looking for a great small Kamado grill this is the one for the price! I am very please with this purchase as I don’t normally take the time to write reviews. 

Cheers!

E4440312-84F2-4E89-B999-D7AD12AF5A4A.jpeg

DA5E8C85-9048-4628-BCEE-462A6E042BB9.jpeg

A7B5E52C-6DDA-4108-93CD-8FB0A35E4C92.jpeg

10308CA9-C2F1-4412-ADB4-43FD670F44BD.jpeg