Sous Vide Bone-In Pork Loin Roast

SmallBBQr

If you have not done one of these sous vide yet...do it.  Wow.

I took the bone-in pork loin roast, gave it a generous coating of olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and herbs de Provence. 

Into the vacuum bag and souse vide for  7 hours at 140 degrees.  Put it into the 600 degree kamado afterwards for 7-8 minutes to crisp up the outside.

Incredibly tender and juicy!  Wife said it was probably the best pork roast ever eaten, and she is a harsh critic (she knows I prefer honest feedback on everything I cook). 

This type of cooking is the reason I bought a kamado. I had a rack of lamb at a high end restaurant that sous vide the meat then seared it at extreme temps. It was the best lamb I have ever had. I will have to keep an eye out for bone in pork roast. 

I do the cryo vac smith-field pork tenderloins on a weekly basis. I drop them in the bath in their shipping package frozen at lunch and then sear them when I get home. I'm sure there are better ways, but this is too simple.