Sign in to follow this  
pr0wlunwoof

Best Take and Bake Pizza for Kamado

Howdy Pizza nerds. I have been playing around with take and bake pizzas for a few weeks now and I gotta say for $5 to $10 each I am sold on not buying my favorite Mellow Mushroom Pie at a tune of $23. I have read allot about cooking take and bakes and following directions on the box even when using the Kamado, but I haven't seen much in the way of Reviews of different Take and Bake Pies cooked on the Kamado. So here we go whats your favorite take and bake pies and which ones should you stay away from.

So far I have done a Papa Murphys, a Aldi Meat Lovers, and an Aldi Supreme. So far the Aldi Supreme is on the top of my list. 

4 hours ago, pr0wlunwoof said:

I have read allot about cooking take and bakes and following directions on the box even when using the Kamado, but I haven't seen much in the way of Reviews of different Take and Bake Pies cooked on the Kamado. So here we go whats your favorite take and bake pies and which ones should you stay away from.

Papa Murphy's opened near me last spring. I had some coupons and gave them a try. I liked them, maybe just my store. I was baking them per directions, on the carboard in the oven. Then  I started using my pizza stone. Ten minutes on the carboard, take it off and slide it onto the stone and finish.

When I got the accessories to cook pizza on the Kamado this summer, I started baking them on the kamado. Same method. I even cook the thin crust, it comes out great, crust like a cracker. Better than many thin crusts from the chain pizzeria's.

They have $10.00 Tuesday, up to 5 ingredients or some of the specials. You can't beat that.

note: the dough is fresh, they sheet it at the store, it's to sticky to remove from the cardboard till you cook it a little (8-10 minutes). Leave it out of the refrigerator for an hour b4 baking. They don't require 600, they bake fine at 400-500.

15 hours ago, JohnnyAppetizer said:

note: the dough is fresh, they sheet it at the store, it's to sticky to remove from the cardboard till you cook it a little (8-10 minutes). Leave it out of the refrigerator for an hour b4 baking. They don't require 600, they bake fine at 400-500.

Yeah I did a thin crust from papa murphys also an experienced the same thing. My wife didn't like the sauce is the only reason it didn't rank the best. 

16 hours ago, ckreef said:

I think you'll find most people on here go full on homemade. A few buy store or pizza joint raw dough balls.  

Yeah I think thats the purist way to go and a couple years from now will be my preference also, but my time constraints are so that i need to eat within an hour of arriving home while also fulfilling other chores if possible.