Scott Roberts

New take on a Old style grill

Went to their website. Really nice grills. The pictures make them look bigger than they are and they're not cheap. Non the less if I had some extra cash they would make an awesome portable hibachi grill and I'm a fan of hibachi grills.

@ckreef my thought was the size then I realize that most true Hibachi are about the same width give or that an inch-:) If I had some extra dough mine would be this one.

818 Hibachi Grill

$650.00

carbon steel grilling surface is 8" x 18", ample enough to sear and cook a large steak, multiple vegetables, fillets, several kabobs, and more. 

SteelHibachigrill6.jpg.ddd13d919d58251f47ec0c7874375671.jpg

2 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

@ckreef my thought was the size then I realize that most true Hibachi are about the same width give or that an inch-:) If I had some extra dough mine would be this one.

818 Hibachi Grill

$650.00

carbon steel grilling surface is 8" x 18", ample enough to sear and cook a large steak, multiple vegetables, fillets, several kabobs, and more. 

SteelHibachigrill6.jpg.ddd13d919d58251f47ec0c7874375671.jpg

That's not a bad one. Definitely 8" wide is standard size for skewers. 18" length is a little short but would work if you were mainly cooking for 2 with an occasional 4. 24" - 30" would definitely work better. 

I spent about $1,200 for the 18" Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle for a travel grill. 

Somewhere in the $700 to $1,100 for a similar sized indestructible hibachi grill would not really be out of the question for an awesome travel grill. A bit lighter than the Primo Oval Jr with GO cradle. 

Strangely I would love to get a 4" x 4" version for a Sake bottle warmer to go with my Konro cooks. Unfortunately their 4" x 7" is way too much per square inch. 

3 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Are you buying one of these?

Yes, not in the next few months but I will have one!

818 Hibachi Grill

$650.00

carbon steel grilling surface is 8" x 18",

Scott

Edited by Scott Roberts

2 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

Yes, not in the next few months but I will have one!

818 Hibachi Grill

$650.00

carbon steel grilling surface is 8" x 18",

Scott

I'm all for this. I have my Konro so it would be a bit redundant. My only thoughts is go for the 824. 

18" is a bit small. 24" doesn't seem much bigger but it will make a big difference. You're already spending a chunk of money, a little more money won't put you in the poor house. 

https://www.kotaigrill.com/listing/564056593/the-824-twin-top-hibachi-grill-w-carbon