Sign in to follow this  
Owly

veggie omlette benedict

Since my weight loss program......... which includes lots of fasting, I'm trying to "pound" nutrients from natural sources.   My Omega 900 slow auger juicer is a real asset in this, as I can make  "green" juices.  It also makes nut butters, and I processed raw sweet potatoes the other day for example to make sweet potato pie.    In addition I eat lots of salad, and find that I get tired of salads, and my salad consumption goes in spurts.    I have an indoor hydroponic garden growing under grow lites that helps with this.

My developing favorite breakfast is a sort of veggie omelet benedict......... with a bastardization of hollindaise sauce.   I take a  hand full of salad greens .... "power greens", a slice of onion, a garlic clove (both chopped), and some cherry tomatoes (from last summer's garden still!!), blitz them in a single serve cup on my Ninja.   Meanwhile I'm browning a couple of links.    In a double boiler, I'm melting 1T butter, into which I stir 1t flour and some salt, one egg yoke, and some  milk (TLAR).   The white from that egg, and one whole egg, goes into the veggies along with salt and spice, and the works goes into a skillet with a lid to cook slowly.... along with the links.   The sauce gradually thickens, and I add about one t of lemon juice, and some cayenne.

If  my logistics work  out, I end up with it all done about the same time.   A lovely airy omlette.... almost a souffle, a couple of links, all drizzled with a nice tangy spicy sauce somewhat resembling Hollandaise.   The veggies are the dominate component in the "omelet".    I will often sprinkle some cheese over it before cooking is complete...... cheddar, or parmesan.    I also sometimes make the sauce with heavy cream for an obscenely rich sauce.  For some reason the omelet portion is much lighter and better with the one yoke removed than with two eggs.

H.W.

If fasting doesn't work out try Keto.  With Keto you can eat and eat and eat, and still loose weight.  It's an amazing diet, I'm pretty much on it for life at this point.