SmokeyBloke

Eagerly awaiting my KJ Big Joe

Hi Everyone,

newbie in Melbourne Australia...

I watched all of John Setzler’s Youtubes on Kamado Joes & got inspired to want to taste those bad boy cooks.

so I trolled the websites & finally ordered the Big Joe on Boxing Day from Barbecues Galore 20% off yeeehaaa .

but...

apparently there’s an issue that the trolleys come seperately, I have to wait until Feb before I can have my first cook.

So in the meantime I’m reading Smoking & grill books & trying to figure out how the hell im going to pickup 113kg of ceramic grill & place it onto the trolley when it arrives.

anyways until then I’ll read the forum & hopefully post my first cook in Feb

Happy New Year to everyone, bring on 2020 & some great cooks

I was in your shoes back in 2013 or 2014 when my Bigjoe was back ordered, then the next  container ship was sent back to port.  Once you cook on it for a couple months you will forget all about the wait.  Take this time to read everything on this forum. You will be ready to go!  
best 

Ben

SmokeyBloke - buying the KJ is the best money I ever spent. I’ve had mine for about 5 years and the versatility of it still amazes me. I don’t know how anyone ever learned to cook before YouTube! 

Meh, you dont need the cart to start cooking as long as you have the joe. For my classics, i have one in the cart and one in a table I built. As far as moving the big joe, just get three or four guys and come up with a plan before you do the moving and make sure everyone knows how you are going to get it in the cart. When we did my neighbors big joe it wasn't' that bad. Otherwise you can always try to get something like this...https://ceramicgrillstore.com/products/chariot

On 1/4/2020 at 12:50 AM, adam319 said:

Meh, you dont need the cart to start cooking as long as you have the joe. For my classics, i have one in the cart and one in a table I built. As far as moving the big joe, just get three or four guys and come up with a plan before you do the moving and make sure everyone knows how you are going to get it in the cart. When we did my neighbors big joe it wasn't' that bad. Otherwise you can always try to get something like this...https://ceramicgrillstore.com/products/chariot

The store is delivering everything to father so cannot start before. Thx for the link, I’m considering hiring an engine hoist in case my mates cannot help, but this might be a good alternative 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:37 AM, GrillDawg said:

Welcome @SmokeyBloke! I hope those fires get better soon down under. Hope you and your family are out of harms way!

Thx for the welcome, we luckily out of the fire zones