Hello from the Pine Barrens of New Jersey

Deadphans

Hello from the Pine Barrens of New Jersey!

After living in an apartment complex that was anti-grill - my wife and I finally bought a house!  My search for a grill was a long and arduous one.  Seriously.  I was hoping to find something that could do it all, smoke, charcoal, propane (for those busy nights).  I read reviews after reviews.  I thought I wanted one (Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate for a while), but something didn't feel right about it.  I read negative reviews, as well as positive, and I hesitated thus continuing the search and looking at just about every grill that was charcoal and propane.  I was about to settle on the old adage, "doer of all master of none", until I recently stumbled upon Kamado grills and I am glad I hesitated to purchase the Pit Boss.  So finally, after weeks of studying and contemplating which grill to purchase - I pulled the trigger on a Vision Pro S.  I am very excited to get back to grilling and take it to the next level.  This grill appears to do everything well and looks rock solid.  My first cook on it should be coming up in the next few days.  I am looking forward to learning a lot here on KG. 

Thank you

Welcome to the forum and congrats on both the new house and Vision Pro S.  Lots of folks on this site are using the same grill to turn out really good looking cooks.  Best of luck with it!

Welcome, glad to have both you and your new Vision with us. Big congratulations on your first house, quite a mile stone. I learned to kamado cook on a Vision Pro C which is almost identical to your Pro S except for the shape of the ash drawer assembly and the configuration of the vent control knobs. The Vision Pro is an excellent choice, and a very capable kamado. I cooked on mine for about 3 years and really enjoyed both the grill and the food I learned to produce on it. I live in Wild land fire country and face fire restrictions pretty much every summer that prevent me from using charcoal. The propane burner that Vision came out with looks perfect to me. I love cooking over charcoal, but having the ability to use propane when you need to, would be really  great. Enjoy your new Vision and the forum conversation as well. 

Also you might find this interesting. I purchased and still use a Ceramic Grill Store Vision AR  Spider combo. The rig fit both my Vision and my current Kamado, a  Large BGE. Really gives you  very good cooking set up versatility. Best accessory I have ever purchased, Still use my AR on almost every cook.  

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/vision-pro-classic-b-grill-accessories-by-ceramic-grill-store