HammondBBQ

Fred Hammond

Cant connect to IKAMAND. 

I recently bought the IKAMAND with a gift certificate my daughter gave me to Premier Grilling in Frisco Texas.  Everything went great on the set up until it was time to connect to my home network.  It is a mesh network capable of delivering the required 2.4 GHz.  Tried and tried- no luck.  Called KJ customer and after a long long hold had them send me a new one after sending a picture of the receipt.  Got the new one, same thing.   Called internet company to confirm this was possible- they said absolutely.  I have a ring door bell that works off the same network.  I tried loading app on new different phone - no luck.  Created a guest network - no luck.  Deleted app and restarted the process- no luck.  Anyone had a similar issue?

I had to fight mine to keep it connected also. I was able to do the install/setup but had to hold my mouth just right. Ended up returning it for other reasons and bought a flame boss. Flame boss was much easier to connect but I like the ikamand app much better. 

Thanks for your note- I can get to connect to the IKamand WiFi signal- then it ask me to choose my home network, do that, and it just blinks blue which the literature states that it is trying to connect- it never connects.  I am on my second unit, tried uninstalling reinstalling app.  Tried a different phone.  Trying calling KJ, they were not any help.  I have a mesh network which automatically feeds the 2.4 GHz- I am just about ready to give up- really like the app too.

I don’t know if they fixed the

is, but at one point you could not have spaces in your SSID.  

Some devices I have had to create a simple SSID on a guest network as part of the troubleshooting. 

10 hours ago, HammondBBQ said:

Thanks for your note- I can get to connect to the IKamand WiFi signal- then it ask me to choose my home network, do that, and it just blinks blue which the literature states that it is trying to connect- it never connects.  I am on my second unit, tried uninstalling reinstalling app.  Tried a different phone.  Trying calling KJ, they were not any help.  I have a mesh network which automatically feeds the 2.4 GHz- I am just about ready to give up- really like the app too.

Are you close to your router when you are trying to set up?  Make sure you have a good strong signal during the setup process.  And also as @Ben S stated, make sure you don't have any spaces in your wifi network name.  

I don't have an iKamand but the fact that you are on unit #2 and it is still not working, says it's got something to do with your network.  

The puzzling part for me, is that if your doorbell can ONLY connect to the 2.4ghz network and that is functioning properly, the iKamand should work as well.  

I use a FB400 and I had connectivity issues at one point but it was becaue my 2.4ghz network stopped working.  It took me about a day to put 2+2 together, but I realized some smart electrical outlets I had went offline, which clued me into the fact that only my 5ghz network was operating properly.  

I would find out what you have at home that works with a 2.4ghz network ONLY and fully make sure they are all working properly and are properly connected.  I also have Nest Smoke Detectors (older models) that could only connect to my 2.4ghz network and the appeared to be working fine but were also disconnected when my 2.4ghz network went down.