Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

First Pizza on the Roccbox

That's a really good looking pizza. Just curious how long it took to get to that temperature and how long did it take to cool down? 

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

That's a really good looking pizza. Just curious how long it took to get to that temperature and how long did it take to cool down? 

It takes it a while.... The first time I tested it took about 45 minutes... the second time it got there a bit quicker and i'm wondering if it hadn't cooled down completely....  I dunno how long it takes it to cool down... I would three hours at a bare minimum.  The outside will be handle-able in an hour or so....

@John Setzler Just out of sheer curiosity. Why the Roccbox? You have a beautiful Pizza oven (Alpha?) and it looks like you were using propane as your heat source, is there a difference in taste between propane and wood oven pizzas. Yours turned out great from the box!

19 minutes ago, bel4_20 said:

@John Setzler Just out of sheer curiosity. Why the Roccbox? You have a beautiful Pizza oven (Alpha?) and it looks like you were using propane as your heat source, is there a difference in taste between propane and wood oven pizzas. Yours turned out great from the box!

I have this Roccbox for the purpose of creating some promo video content and reviews for Atlanta Grill Company.  I am putting it through its paces.

Just now, John Setzler said:

I have this Roccbox for the purpose of creating some promo video content and reviews for Atlanta Grill Company.  I am putting it through its paces.

Awesome! and can you say there is a difference in taste between gas and wood?