moloch16

Smoke Gateway 50% Off

I've thrown the gateway into my Thermoworks cart, probably about 50 times. It's in there right now. Then, I check the app reviews on the iPhone App Store and then bail. The overwhelming negative reviews makes me leery, so I haven't pulled the trigger, even though I am tempted to do so at $44.50.

I have the Gateway and it works well for me.  Not perfect, not extremely intuitive, but gets the job done.  I can setup my cooker and the go to the store, go to the neighborhood pool, basically live my life and still keep an eye on how things are cooking at home.  It also does a good job of logging the cook which is handy.

I use an Android phone, maybe the app has issues on iPhone?

I got a Smoke and immediately regretted not having graphing capability. 

So, this would be perfect. But have you seen the app reviews? I have an android phone. No, thank you. I honestly would only try this if it was free! 

It's hard to understand why such a well-respected company would put out such a substandard app. Seems they simply don't care. 

Just read some of the reviews.  Wow!  It does look horrible.  Seems like a lot of negative reviews are for things that use bluetooth, which the Gateway doesn't use.  Anyhow, I will still recommend it, I've had good luck with it and use it often.  I have also needed to call tech support when I redid my home wifi and needed to reset the Gateway to get it connected to the new wifi.  Tech support was great.

I have one and until the latest firmware update I really hated it. Since the upgrade it has been rock solid. The app is garbage from a UX standpoint but it does function once you get the hang of it. I also can confirm their phone tech support is great.