philpom

Sunday beef short ribs

I have never bought them cut that way and have always done them whole for super long low and slow cooks.

Those pictures will have me keeping my eyes out for the flanken cut next time I see them on sale.

1 hour ago, canook said:

I have never bought them cut that way and have always done them whole for super long low and slow cooks.

Those pictures will have me keeping my eyes out for the flanken cut next time I see them on sale.

Give them a whirl, they are a quicker cook but still takes time.  They are really good with an Asian style basting sauce too, I do them alot of different ways.  Here are some others I did with a soy sauce/honey/apple cider vinegar sauce (as I recall).

20190818_175530.thumb.jpg.89a2a106a4554b93eb90a892ba26dc1c.jpg20190818_180143.thumb.jpg.a789785282752726b3e4d36e08bb68b3.jpg 

Very nice looking ribs. It's got that little bit of char on it which I love. How was that amplify rub. I've been wanting to to something from Jess Pryles hardcore carnivore. She has a few interesting products.

18 minutes ago, Ron5850 said:

Very nice looking ribs. It's got that little bit of char on it which I love. How was that amplify rub. I've been wanting to to something from Jess Pryles hardcore carnivore. She has a few interesting products.

I honestly think I am going to make the Amplify a staple seasoning at the house, it's down right delish.  It's great out of the palm of your hand.  I made some potatoes using it and all of the guests raved about those.

20200125_211141.thumb.jpg.9762a4fecd64c482837262cbc6d921ae.jpg