Back to the future

JohnnyAppetizer

Since I bought the Kamado, the pellet grill has not seen much love. So last weekend I bought a brisket and fired it up.F233E720-F6F8-4C36-8131-5FE92F464FF5.jpeg.f744887279582baabf5b0ac94de7e278.jpeg

It was pretty tasty. 

I’m thinking, other than fuel, pellet vs lump, it probably does not make much difference wether you control the temp by limiting fuel (pellet) or by limiting air flow, Kamado or Kamado with billows. You still have to pick the cut, season, adjust for temperature and time.

I admit I have looked at various billow and temp control with blue tooth and or WiFi. Usually they have extension cord, and tons of wires , probes and so on. I really wanted to get away from dragging out the extension cord. There is a thread here on KG featuring a portable system with battery power. I like that idea.

Anyhow, this weekend I was back on the Kamado with excellent results.

67CF9F86-3F03-498D-874D-7C0AF44F111E.jpeg.b6f17dab09ebc4a5359fa3e7bdf0b920.jpeg

CF069280-A465-4BD3-88DE-784FFF1719BD.jpeg.ce2df0ef32962952ff725572c9418d6f.jpeg

3886C535-2459-41EE-8037-09D4E2E274CB.jpeg.616f0183f7680f8aa4e944875191422b.jpeg  

I'm going back lol but the other direction. Since I bought the Traeger my Akorn has not seen much love!

Putting a Boston Butt on the Akorn tomorrow morning with the new TempMasterPro helping out. I have become used to the easy control on the Traeger. Lots of things brought me back around to the Akorn, but this post from Keeperofdeflame resonated:

"Although from a cooks point of view, I enjoy cooking on the Egg more than I do the Weber. The Weber is a tool, but the Egg is always pure  fun. "

Setting up the Akorn tonight to light it up tomorrow morning was fun. Picking out the best lump, getting it arranged, putting in some smoke wood. Pulling out the same ol' trusty beer bottle I've been using since day 1 to make my volcano. Will be up around 6 am to fire it up:)

3 hours ago, O C said:

TempMasterPro

yea, that's the one. Let me know how you like it. Did you buy the battery?

3 hours ago, O C said:

this post from Keeperofdeflame resonated:

"Although from a cooks point of view, I enjoy cooking on the Egg more than I do the Weber. The Weber is a tool, but the Egg is always pure  fun. "

Setting up the Akorn tonight to light it up tomorrow morning was fun. Picking out the best lump, getting it arranged, putting in some smoke wood. Pulling out the same ol' trusty beer bottle I've been using since day 1 to make my volcano. Will be up around 6 am to fire it up:)

Many years ago, probably on NPR, b4 Ted talks, I heard someone talking about language. In Greek there is a word for the doing. Not the end result, but the pleasure of the process. No word for that in English. Have fun!