ckreef

Camp Grill/Stove Recommendations??

4 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

@ckreef I think I have it for you the Camp Chef Versa Top Griddle and I know you have a griddle but the versa top allows for the griddle to be removed and use it to boil water with a large pot. Also you can get the pizza oven attachment along with grill top attachment. 

Scott

vtgriddle.thumb.jpg.880f48722423130b894fc20f2bcd741c.jpg

pizzavt.thumb.jpg.30c8b31b289009b84b958b15cc0e4fa4.jpg

• Compatible with 14-inch Artisan Oven (PZ30) & 14-inch BBQ Box (BB30L)
  • Includes flat top griddle
  • True Seasoned, non-stick & ready to cook
  • 15,000 BTUs/Hr. Burner
  • Matchless ignition
  • Fully adjustable heat control knob
  • Grease Management System
  • Grease tray and grease cup
  • Adjustable griddle leg levelers
  • Compact design stores and transports easily
  • Powered by a 1 lb. propane bottle, propane tank not included

Well now that's more like what I'm talking about. A griddle, grill topper and a pizza oven top available. Also a 16", 2 burner unit available. It's not cheap but I've never been scared of spending money on a grill. Will watch a bunch of videos on it tomorrow. 

If I buy one you better sleep with one eye open. Mrs skreef will coming after you - LOL. Not me, I'll blame it all on you B)

Scott I think you've done me in. I knew if I posted this request someone would come up with an acceptable grill and you came through. I've done a bunch of looking and watching videos this morning. I have an addiction and not sure I can stop myself on this one. I should be off work tomorrow and will go by a local Dick's sporting goods to put my hands on one.

I have the Camp Chef Expedition 3x.  It came with a griddle that covers 2 burners, and I have added two accessories, a 16" Artisan Pizza oven and a grill box.  I love it.  I know you are asking about a smaller stove, but anything Camp Chef I've tried has been excellent.  I have a pic here at work of the stove with the pizza oven on top I'll attach.  

pizza_oven.jpg

15 minutes ago, cmiller said:

I have the Camp Chef Expedition 3x.  It came with a griddle that covers 2 burners, and I have added two accessories, a 16" Artisan Pizza oven and a grill box.  I love it.  I know you are asking about a smaller stove, but anything Camp Chef I've tried has been excellent.  I have a pic here at work of the stove with the pizza oven on top I'll attach.  

pizza_oven.jpg

Very nice. The Camp Chef versa top 2x uses the exact same 16" accessories that you have. How do you like the grill box and pizza oven? 

44 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Very nice. The Camp Chef versa top 2x uses the exact same 16" accessories that you have. How do you like the grill box and pizza oven? 

I love it all.  We love the pizza oven. I can get it to 900F with the controls just a hair under medium.  The 30K BTU burners are for real.

The bbq box is much better than I thought, but it was on sale and it's nice to have the option of another type of cooker.  I also have a classic weber kettle and a Akorn Jr at the campsite, so I can cook for half the campground. :)  Those burners under that bbq box can put a mean sear on a steak in no time.  But I probably use the griddle top more than anything.  

One more thing to add ...

We like to do stir fry often and have a carbon steel wok we use on that stove as well.  It's another perfect accessory, although not from Camp Chef.

I ended up going with a Camp Chef Explorer, 2 burner model. I also got the grill box and professional griddle. The grill box has a heat deflector under the grate to make a more even temperature and a CI grate. It did a pretty good job cooking burgers last night. Strangely enough I got it from a local Bass Pro store. It was cheaper than online and I commented to the Bass Pro guy that Bass Pro is never cheaper - LOL. He laughed out of courtesy but I don't think he thought it was funny. B)

Anyway I have a few other accessories I want to get and one day I'll get the pizza oven accessory for it. 

cce1.thumb.jpg.76b0455bc9a7ca0a37e81654fb7a92cb.jpg

cce2.thumb.jpg.f7d979438370c558bd18d1b9cbca04ff.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob_grill_apprentice said:

Here is my camp chef explorer 2 with artesian pizza oven on it.   I will be getting grill box for i it next month most likely.  I have reversible griddle.  

9262E770-F052-4EF5-9639-17726C0BCB7C.jpeg

Very nice. I want to get one but the bank account has been bleeding green backs at an alarming rate these days so I figured that would have to wait a month or 3.

14 hours ago, ckreef said:

I ended up going with a Camp Chef Explorer, 2 burner model. I also got the grill box and professional griddle. The grill box has a heat deflector under the grate to make a more even temperature and a CI grate. It did a pretty good job cooking burgers last night. Strangely enough I got it from a local Bass Pro store. It was cheaper than online and I commented to the Bass Pro guy that Bass Pro is never cheaper - LOL. He laughed out of courtesy but I don't think he thought it was funny. B)

Anyway I have a few other accessories I want to get and one day I'll get the pizza oven accessory for it. 

cce1.thumb.jpg.76b0455bc9a7ca0a37e81654fb7a92cb.jpg

cce2.thumb.jpg.f7d979438370c558bd18d1b9cbca04ff.jpg

Nice looking setup.  I can smell the bacon frying already .....

@ckreef if you decide you want another griddle let me know I think I still have one I tried to sell a couple of years ago.  I'd have to look though.

9 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

@ckreef if you decide you want another griddle let me know I think I still have one I tried to sell a couple of years ago.  I'd have to look though.

I appreciate the offer but I have 2 different sized lodge griddles laying around the house. I like this "professional" griddle because it has a forward grease channel and you can get a grease cup for it. (the grease cup will arrive in the mail tomorrow. Not sure why it's not included because with this griddle and no grease cup all the grease is hitting the ground.)  I believe most engineers who design these type of things never use them. 

9 minutes ago, jabsguerra said:

I personally have the table top blackstone griddle  2 burner..great for camping 

I had a 2 burner table top griddle I got at Academy Sports. Got lots of good use out of it. Just before Xmas I upgraded to the Blackstone 3 burner pro griddle and love it. So I sold the 2 burner table top to my neighbor. A week later this new endeavor emerged - oh well such is life. 

With this new endeavor I wanted more than just a griddle.