Brandon Store

Kamado Joe helped me out

I understand that theres a thread of some disappointed customer service. Im not making this post to rub anyones nose in it, and I hope everyone who is experiencing a problem gets there warranty claims solved.

BUT i gotta give credit when credit is due! I bought an iKamand a few months back and the meat probe wasn’t working properly, it would give readings all over the place (for example it would say 78 degrees when the meat is 150). I emailed Kamado Joe my receipt and I explained the issue. They were gonna send me a replacement probe (bout a month ago) I followed up a few days ago asking on status, and the individual meat probe is on back order til April. But a 2 meat probe and 1 ambient probe pack was instock so they sent me that immediately. That was mighty cool of them. 

I hoenstly feel like 20% of new joiners to this forum do so only to vent about thier less than ideal customer service stories

I guess shouting into a literall void is too difficult for them, so they do it here instead

I think 98% of people who have warrenty issues walk away quite satisfied

1% often have higher expectations of customer service than thier situation warrents (eg. my base has a chip in it, i want a whole new grill!!!)

The last 1% actually get the run around. Whether its because thier requests falls through the cracks or they're just unlucky and the item they require is on back order, it seems more like bad luck than any actual issue with how KJs CS team opperate

1 hour ago, T_om said:

Interesting numbers.  Just made them up as you went along, eh?

Tom

Please don't use "eh", it is nationally Trademarked to us Canadians only (unless of course you are a Canadian snowbird in Florida - in which case, have at it).  :rofl:

7 hours ago, T_om said:

Interesting numbers.  Just made them up as you went along, eh?

Tom

No, I spent 16 weeks digging through the analytics of this and many other forums, cross referencing post topics with the number of negative reviews and Up/Down votes

I then complied the data into a spread sheet and created a few pie charts (I love pie charts) to show the difference between what the community considered to be reasonable warranty issues and unreasonable issues

After reviewing the data I passed it on to my colleagues at the University of useless information found on BBQ Forums (The Kamado Division) to be peer reviewed to ensure I hadn’t missed something

It was harrowing work but I think it was well worth the time it took to get a better understanding of how realistic people’s expectations are when it comes to manufacturing defects on what is essentially 2 flower pots joined together with a fancy hinge

Hope that clears it up

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

No, I spent 16 weeks digging through the analytics of this and many other forums, cross referencing post topics with the number of negative reviews and Up/Down votes

I then complied the data into a spread sheet and created a few pie charts (I love pie charts) to show the difference between what the community considered to be reasonable warranty issues and unreasonable issues

After reviewing the data I passed it on to my colleagues at the University of useless information found on BBQ Forums (The Kamado Division) to be peer reviewed to ensure I hadn’t missed something

It was harrowing work but I think it was well worth the time it took to get a better understanding of how realistic people’s expectations are when it comes to manufacturing defects on what is essentially 2 flower pots joined together with a fancy hinge

Hope that clears it up

I commend you for all the harrowing work you put in! 

5 hours ago, Struja said:

Please don't use "eh", it is nationally Trademarked to us Canadians only (unless of course you are a Canadian snowbird in Florida - in which case, have at it).  :rofl:

I thought it was pronounced "aye", in Canada?

14 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Hope that clears it up

hmmmm. Interesting analytics. And here I thought you pulled your numbers out of your #%*. Sorry for doubting you. 

thanks foR clarifying :good:

21 hours ago, Struja said:

Sorry, just like to show off that I am bilingual.  :)

Tom

Sunday, while using my grill, I noticed the gap of my firebox was larger than normal, look around and the whole thing is cracked along the back and splintering out horizontally.  Took some pictures, shrank them to less than 1gb and opened a service call online Sunday evening.  There was a bit of back and forth Monday as my pictures didn't upload correctly, sent them in email, new fire box order placed, FedEx Tracking number sent to me last night, and I should  have a new multi piece firebox on the 13th.  In the entire process the biggest pain was shrinking the image size (not a big deal, just the biggest pain).  I was asked to give positive feedback about the customer service in social media, and it is deserved.

On 2/6/2020 at 3:51 PM, Polar Bear said:

Hope that clears it up

LOL!  That's excellent.

I just want to know if you remembered to normalize the data first and then send it over to JPL for review by the NASA team?

I just signed up on kamadoguru after stumbling across this thread.

I have a KJ classic 2 i bought in May 2018 and I've had nothing but good experiences with KJ customer support.   

1.  Soapstone.  -  noticed a hairline crack in my KJ soapstone and asked if was safe to use.   Much to my surprise they sent me a new one.    I'm still using the old one :)

2. ikamand v1.   last year around this time I got a great deal on an ikamand v1 on clearance.   After firmware updates the device worked fine on a few long cooks.      Later in the summer i noticed the filler plate no longer held in place properly - likely due to the plastic mis-shaping with higher heat.    Reached out to KJ support and they sent me a brand new v2 unit even tho the old unit was fine.

3. cracked heat deflector - i had a heat deflector crack on me.   There was a bit of a backorder, but instead of sending me a single half moon, they sent me a set of 2.

Im debating whether i should reach out regarding my Kontrol tower sticking / paint peeling.    I don't find it too big of an issue, if it gets sticky i take it apart and throw it in the oven at the end of a cook and the grease burns right off.   Not as jet black as it was brand new but once the grease burns off its as good as new.

I also had an issue with my gasket breaking away from the ceramic,   unfortunately KJ support said it was no longer under warranty, but thankfully i came across this forum where you guys mentioned to use some high temperature adhesive.