Sign in to follow this  
TommyD

Hello from Cowtown

...aka Fort Worth, TX. I cut my teeth on a cheap stick burner, then a Weber Smokey Mountain for the last several years, now I have finally joined the Kamado club with a Big Joe 2. I built an outdoor kitchen with a spot just for this grill to fit in and have been waiting for months for the right time to buy it. Bought the demo unit a week ago at the local Costco roadshow, I pick it up in 3 days and can’t wait to break it in. Will have a Joetisserie, the Dutch oven and a wok to start out. 

I have been watching John’s videos for years and appreciate all the tips and stories shared by everyone here. Looking forward to learning more and sharing some things myself.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the upgrade.  Would love to see a picture of your outdoor kitchen setup.  

Welcome to Kamado Guru and congratulations on your new cooker.  I'm sure you'll have a blast.

We're neighbors, I'm up in Denton.  FYI the Ceramic Grill Store store is up here too.  Lot's of ways to spend those bucks.

Welcome TommyD, glad to have both you and your new Joe with us. The really cool thing about a Kamado is that, in truth, it is much more a charcoal fired convection oven than it is, just another BBQ or Smoker.  You can use a kamado to cook all the BBQ classics, but it will also Bake, Broil, Braize, and cook pretty much anything you can cook in your kitchen oven from breads, pies, pizza, through fancy detailed recipes, too what every can think of. Happy cooking and enjoy your new grill