Sign in to follow this  
wasp23

2020 Costsco UK 24" Louisiana Kamado Grill

Looks like a Kamado joe hybrid. I see a fiberglass gasket and a latch. I’d be interested in seeing how the firebox is constructed and if it has an ash pan. 

I like it... still haven't seen any at my local Costco in the states. I'm still rocking my 2016 K24 Pit Boss but love looking at the newer models. Some of the changes over the years have been improvements and others have been probably changes to keep the price down.

The gasket is interesting.  My 2016 needs a new one soon. The red is quite a change. I like the black I have but really liked the blue from the last couple years. 

I'm about to pull the trigger on this grill at my local Costco for $599.  If I wait, in the past it looked like they have dropped the price down the $499.

I'm new to this type of grilling......is not having an ash pan a pain in the ash???

19 minutes ago, TiminMontana said:

I'm about to pull the trigger on this grill at my local Costco for $599.  If I wait, in the past it looked like they have dropped the price down the $499.

I'm new to this type of grilling......is not having an ash pan a pain in the ash???

welcome. Please stop by and introduce yourself. 

I looked at earlier today at my local Costco and was impressed with the new lid gasket and the new hinge. I didn't really look at the hinge in detail but raising and lowering the lid is now WAY easier and much better balanced than either my 2016 K24 or Vision Classic B. Again, they must have done something to the hinge design because the weight of the lid is now much lighter for the user. 

Other than that they are using the same top vent design as the older models. The lower vent is the same as the last couple years with the spark screen etc.

Overall, I thought the ceramic looked decent on the exterior but the interior was not as clean as my old one. That includes the firebox which isn't critical for use but worth noting. I'm still not a fan of the black plastic shelves and handles but that might just be me. LOL Of course you get the deflector and a cheap cover as well.

IMO $600 is still a stupid good deal for these kamados.

Edited by EZ smoke

On 2/20/2020 at 10:05 AM, TiminMontana said:

You are correct that the price does drop at the end of the season but the past 2 years there has not been any units left in my Costco's to get the discounted price. In other words, if you wait for a clearance price there may or may not be any of the m available near you.

Ash pan is a luxury item and isn't necessary at all. 

Go spend your $600 it's a good deal.

On 2/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, TiminMontana said:

At my local store the price dropped in 2016 and 2019 but I don’t think there were any left by time the prices dropped for the two years in between. Personally I would rather spend the extra $100 and be grilling between now and July and sure I got one, but if you are after the best deal, a K24 on clearance is the best deal in a Kamado that you will ever find.