pesto3

Reverse seared tomahawk

First time I ever had Macallan 18 I was out to an Easter buffet/brunch with my wife and grown daughters....perfect whisky for breakfast. :lol:

The best thing about single malts is that they 'teach' you to appreciate them for the taste and not for the alcohol. And that in turn teaches you to savour--to sip rather than gulp.

And at those prices you need to...but that's a good thing.

slainte mhath

that was the best bbq video I've watched in a long time.

Havin' fun, drinking and talking like a "regular guy" rather than the perfectly scripted and edited videos I normally see.

Watched it all the way through and loved it!

Great job.

12 hours ago, jrakutt said:

Havin' fun, drinking and talking like a "regular guy" rather than the perfectly scripted and edited videos I normally see.

Great job.

So true!

On 2/15/2020 at 7:56 PM, Team402 said:

Thank you for posting that video. Your steak looked great and I'm sure it ended up being phenomenal. What I particularly liked is the way you added in your genuine sense of humor into the video. In my opinion, that's what made the video. A guy hanging out in his backyard, cooking some food, getting f*&$#ed up and being completely normal. Well done!

Mike

Mike, thanks heaps for that comment!! I always try and keep them light and fun and don’t try to be something that I’m not. 

cheers mate!

On 2/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, jrakutt said:

Great job.

Wow thanks a lot for that!! I almost binned this video because it went way longer than what I intended it to! 

really appreciate the comment!

cheers 

On 2/16/2020 at 12:19 PM, Ron5850 said:

That's one real nice-looking steak Glen! Really nice photos and your video is as entertaining as always. Now I'm in the mood for steak and scotch.:P

Thanks a lot mate!!!

On 2/17/2020 at 8:34 AM, lnarngr said:

Very fun video! 

Beautiful steak! 

Let's hear a little more about the scotch. 

I'm a Dewars man, but beginning to get curious. 

Thanks mate! I use to love Dewars but I think I single handily drove the price up at my local purely from the amount I would buy from them lmao. This was Dimple 12yr old. Love it!!! 

cheers 

On 2/17/2020 at 12:00 AM, Golf Griller said:

While I don't have a tomahawk, am going to have a steak and scotch tonight. I will not be using a glass with a handle to drink my scotch from.IMG_20200216_155952411.thumb.jpg.507b5f3b2e173418d5df5412b8c95b53.jpg

On 2/17/2020 at 1:21 AM, DWFII said:

DSCF1727_(1024_x_768).jpg.5784ee33c98db7d5ad35c6a62733c33f.jpg

Without handle.

I’ve got a bottle of 30 year old Glenfiddich that I crack out for special occasions. I will post a pic when I get home. The box is magnificent!!