Rob_grill_apprentice

Buttermilk bread-test run successful

Buttermilk bread test run successful.    This test run used 50% fresh ground hard red wheat for whole-wheat portion and the other 50% flour was from ARW artesian flour untreated.  Whole buttermilk powder was used to make up buttermilk for test run.   Flavour is rich and awesome tasting.    I didn’t take picture of pre-weighed ingredients because at the same time I was making marinade and satay sauce for Singapore chicken satay that I will be making later today on my Kamado Joe Junior.    Only thing different I would do with this bread is score it just before baking.   

E8760066-2D42-485A-9651-5D2FD09A93D0.jpeg

111DAD36-C498-4535-A4B7-6C14E0C55060.jpeg

CD57433E-B6C5-4B6E-816E-77E8F62D4E70.jpeg

On 2/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, Chris Topher said:

Looks great! Why buttermilk powder instead of actual buttermilk?

I don’t use buttermilk very often so If I bought one quart the remainder would end up going bad and I would have to throw out.   With the powder I can reconstitute to amount I need and it will taste like actual buttermilk.  This way I don't waste any like I would if I bought quart of buttermilk.  

2 hours ago, Rob_grill_apprentice said:

I don’t use buttermilk very often so If I bought one quart the remainder would end up going bad and I would have to throw out.   With the powder I can reconstitute to amount I need and it will taste like actual buttermilk.  This way I don't waste any like I would if I bought quart of buttermilk.  

Thanks!

That makes perfect sense.