Talon65

Proud new owner of a Classic II

So wife and I went to Asheville to look at KJs and BGE side by side. Low and behold the store is closing and everything is 20-40%. Was really after a large BGE but after one lift of the Air Hinge wife stepped in and said no contest. Out the door for just under $900 (granted it’s a stand alone which we wanted)!!! Was a serious tight fit in the Wrangler (had no intention on buying today but...). Now to build a table, dreading lift this this to set it! Have already calibrated thermometer, thanks to reading all the info on here. 

Also snagged a Kick Ash basket for $64. Plus several other items marked down. 
BTW, the store is called Kitchen and Company. I got the last Classic II in the box but they had a couple of Big Joes. Wish they had the Classic III at a deal like this. Could’ve gotten a Joetisserie for $200 but didn’t think that was a great deal. Same for iKamand and DoJoe. Am I wrong about this?

Paul

F621B8FF-7DA5-43C3-82C2-3FE17762F1EB.jpeg

Check with Atlanta Grill Company for the Joetisseries, or if you are Costco member wait for a KJ roadshow near you. In either case the Classic Joetisserie is $184.99. 

https://atlantagrillcompany.com/collections/kamado-joe-1/products/joetisserie®classic

https://www.costco.com/kamado-joe-schedule.html

Thanks for heads up. Roadshow going to Spartanburg next month (2 hours away). 
Im gonna have to slowly start adding accessories. Now wife wants to go back and get Joe Jr. Lol

9 minutes ago, Talon65 said:

Thanks for heads up. Roadshow going to Spartanburg next month (2 hours away). 
Im gonna have to slowly start adding accessories. Now wife wants to go back and get Joe Jr. Lol

Well AGC offers free shipping on anything over $80 so you can save the drive if you like.  :)  And their Jr price is the same as the roadshow but they do charge drop shipping $79 for the Jr. 

https://atlantagrillcompany.com/collections/kamado-joe-1/products/kamado-joe-joe-jr-™-1

Congrats on the your Joe purchase! My wife made the same comment after lifting the lid . Hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine ( about 20 months) . If your new to charcoal it will take a little getting used to. Check out John Seltzers  videos on using your Kamado. Good luck and happy smoking. Also if you search Kamodo book you can find a great book for using the kamodo grill by John Seltzer.

Thanks @len440 I did some Jeff tenderloin (filets) on it that night came out terrific. Weather and schedule haven’t been conducive to use it anymore. I’ve got part of my table finished, the part the Joe sits on (aka the important part) and calling for rain and snow through Saturday so not looking like it’ll get finished quickly. Still have some accessories I feel needed to grab also. Want to be able to use this to its full potential. 
As for John’s videos, I have been watching them regularly for a couple weeks now, great info and presentation @John Setzler.

Thanks for the heads up on his book, I’ve seen some that he has referenced too I’ll check into getting. 

Paul

dang, man, another kitchen's and co bites the dust. got one up here in NE.  Newingtinton NH . Freaking awesome place. seems they are like the dinosaurs.

Congrats on your purchase!

I was devastated to lose the northern DE Kitchen & Co. I bought all the Lodge, Meat Church, and KJ parts I could and I would already own a Traeger Timberline 1300 D2 if they were still open. When they closed I cleaned them out of Kamado Joe accessories but I was really disappointed.

Retail is a tough gig. The tiniest solace, the space here turned into in amazing Indian grocery store, and I still have Kitchen & Co at the beach for now, although the second to last time there I bought them out of Meat Church and the last time they had not restocked...

Got my big Joe at the NH location that is still open. If you live in New England I highly recomend stopping in. Great kitchen products, great outdoor cooking section,  rubs and sauces, and great customer service. Oh, and the variety of charcoal is like nothing I have seen anywhere else.

Thanks @len440 I did some Jeff tenderloin (filets) on it that night came out terrific. Weather and schedule haven’t been conducive to use it anymore. I’ve got part of my table finished, the part the Joe sits on (aka the important part) and calling for rain and snow through Saturday so not looking like it’ll get finished quickly. Still have some accessories I feel needed to grab also. Want to be able to use this to its full potential. 
As for John’s videos, I have been watching them regularly for a couple weeks now, great info and presentation @John Setzler.

Thanks for the heads up on his book, I’ve seen some that he has referenced too I’ll check into getting. 

Paul

I know what you mean about Kitchen & Co. It’s funny because that was the first time we ever went there. Now it’s closing. Same thing when I found some real good briskets at Earthfare grocery store, went there once and now they’re closed in a matter of 3 weeks. Did put my name in for some of the stainless steel tables etc there. We’ll see. 
Also the Kitchen & Co in Charleston is closing. I read they were keeping one store open in NH or Del ( maybe both). Kinda waiting on the next percentage drop to really go snag some stuff. Lol