Dave W

Big Joe III Table/Cart

Has anyone built a cart for their Big Joe III? I have a long term plan of building an outdoor kitchen/bar on my patio but that's at least 2-3 years out. I currently have the BJIII along with a Weber Genesis E-330. I have a plastic storage bin that I use for lump/wood and some of the accessories. But I need more room for prep, and the SloRoller takes up most of my storage space when I don't have it in. 

I've also been debating on just building or buying a stand alone prep table with storage since this is only a short term need, and that will likely be cheaper. 

Bumping this to see if anyone has any dimensional drawings of the Big Joe III. Found some on ceramic grill store but they don’t show the diameter of the Big Joe needed for the hole cutout. It appears taller than the Big Joe II do shelf height will be different also. I can’t believe Kj hasn’t released a good detailed spec sheet.

@Dave W I'm in the same boat, planning an outdoor kitchen to accommodate the big joe iii. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the grill, but the rest of my plans are probably at least a year or two out! 

I'd started sketches with the classic iii in mind, but convinced myself (my wife :-D) I'd rather invest in the bigger grill. So, looking around now to see what others have done.

I just joined yesterday.  Considering purchase of BJ Big Joe II standalone (w/feet) and need detailed specs so builder can include the kamado as a built-in.  No specs on BJ site and only found Classic detail specs on this site so far.  Customer support has completely punted - they don't seem to know who to talk to to get the specs.  This worries me a bit.  So I'm at a loss.  Have plenty of detailed specs on all sizes of big green eggs including the XL which is the comparable size to the Big Joe II.  Not whining - just want to solve this problem so my builder can finish up the CAD drawing of the bbq center.