A New Toy - Grill Gun

SmoovD

I got in a Kickstarter campaign last year for a Grill Gun. Essentially it is a cross between a paintball gun and a flamethrower. It can be used to ignite charcoal, sear sous vide-cooked meats, or scare the bejesus out of your neighbors. Company claims that the torch's max output is near 400K BTU. I don't know about that but it does throw a great amount of heat. Last night I seared a chuck roast. It took about 30 seconds a side. Tonight I used the GG to ignite a bed of charcoal in my Akorn for a high heat cook. Less than a minute at full blast and I was ready to close the top of the cooker. So far, so good.

Here is a little clip. Not one of those tech savvy guys so I hope this works.

https://youtu.be/N4R6jmTqVK8

2 hours ago, SmoovD said:

I got in a Kickstarter campaign last year for a Grill Gun. Essentially it is a cross between a paintball gun and a flamethrower. It can be used to ignite charcoal, sear sous vide-cooked meats, or scare the bejesus out of your neighbors. Company claims that the torch's max output is near 400K BTU. I don't know about that but it does throw a great amount of heat. Last night I seared a chuck roast. It took about 30 seconds a side. Tonight I used the GG to ignite a bed of charcoal in my Akorn for a high heat cook. Less than a minute at full blast and I was ready to close the top of the cooker. So far, so good.

Here is a little clip. Not one of those tech savvy guys so I hope this works.

https://youtu.be/N4R6jmTqVK8

I got one of those, got it from Harbor Freight.   Use it to burn weeds and start burn piles.  Little overkill for an Akron

• 2 weeks later...

Having used the Grill Gun about half a dozen time thus far, I have to admit I love this thing. It cuts down on grill heating time for high heat cooks and it sears like a mother. Probably won't be too great at lighting for low and slow but I am cool with that. Happy with the purchase. Even happier that the Kickstarter price was almost half the MSRP.